Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pirates of Penzance

We've been going all year up to Spivey Hall and taking advantage of some really good plays at really cheap prices. So, when they sent us an email about participating in one of their programs, my kids were all about it. However, when we got the CD for the music in the mail, we were quite surprised to find out they would be singing opera music. We all laughed so very hard. Alec would do great impersonations. Bless his heart, after hearing this, he really didn't want to do it. . . . However, being the meanest mom on earth that I am I told him he had to do it b/c he had committed to it.
It didn't help either that he was the oldest kid in the bunch.
He really was such a trooper. He didn't complain.
He did make me laugh ALOT!!!!!!!!!!
I told him I really hoped this wasn't one of those things a mom makes someone do as a teenager that he would end up hating me over. . .
All said in good fun, of course. . .
The girls had a blast. . .
And, even though having a blast is a bit strong for Alec. . . .
I do think he's glad he did it. He really enjoyed the acting part of it.
Can't you tell?

Much better. . .
And, we got to do it with our friends, the Hendrixes and the Cobbs.
We really did make a great memory!
Arrrr mateys!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: