Saturday, March 19, 2011

Let the String Begin and Other Merry Christmas Tales

Christmas around here isn't complete without our "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake. My girls are such pros in the kitchen they can really do this without my help.

Hanna's really not angry. . . she's just actin' all crazy. . . but that girlie loves cooking!


And, as always, the infamous string. Honestly, Christmas Eve night I was so tired I almost didn't do it. However, I love it and so do the kids. . . so I trudged through.




Christmas morning delights . . .




Here's Jon at his post. . . He's always behind the video camera. I'm always behind the picture taking camera.



Alec got the Leatherman he'd been wanting.

My girls LOVED their accessories.
Ash got a monogrammed cup, which she was tickeled pink about. (and shoot, I just accidentally deleted the picture)






Ash got Jon and Alec a monogrammed cup and really wanted one for herself.
Here we are all ready and dressed to go and do our "Christmas around the World" . . . not really, we just have lots of family to see on Christmas and are very grateful that we have loved ones.

Silly pose!!!!!
Next stop. . . Grandmamas. Just not the same wtihout Papa, but we did have a good time.


Dad always gets everyone Christmas shoes.


Me, Wanda, and Melissa







Next stop. . . Mama and James' house. . .
Mama was so excited about what she had gotten Alec for Christmas. She's like a little kid when it comes to gifts. . . except on the opposite end. . . she gets plum giddy about giving the gifts. . .
Can you see his lips about to say "Ccccooooolllll."





Hanna was so very excited about all of her Hello Kitty stuff.
JS absolutely LOVED his monogramed "GA Bulldawg" blanket we got him.





JS is one funny kid. When he was opening up one of his gifts he looked at Scott and said, "Trade back in." Scott had told him earlier if he didn't like something they would take it back. Scott forgot to tell him not to tell anyone . . .



See my beautiful necklace? Sweet Noelle made that for me for Christmas. She knows my most favorite gifts ever are the ones that are homemade. I love that little girl.
I love my family so very much, and I'm so thankful we have so much family to share life with.

No comments: