Several months ago, Tiffani approached me with the idea of a homeschool running club. Her niece (who goes to school) was involved in a running club. She loved the idea and she knew I loved running. She gave me several websites and emailed back and forth with the director of her niece's running club.
I really wanted not just the kids to be involved, but the moms too. Tiff and I got the word out and we had such a great turnout. Tiff came up with our name, "Faithful Feet". At the first few meetings we talked about how running was a lot like life, relating scripture to all of it.
Here's the jist of it. . .
. . . K-2nd for every 1-1/2 miles ran they get a toe token (these cool little feet that go on your shoeshring).. . 3rd-mom. . . for every 3 miles ran they get a toe token. It is just a little motivator to get people running.
.. . each week I'd give everyone tips and their "assignments". For example, the first week they were to run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute for 20 minutes 3 days a week.
We all meet out on the track on Friday and run with our friends. It has really been such a blessing.. . and quite frankly, people who never thought in a million years they'd be a runner. . . now enjoy running.
We all decided we'd run the first 5K of the "running season" together. . . stay tuned. . . coming soon to this afternoon near you. . . I'll let you know how it went . . . this will be a 2 posts in one day since I'm so far behind.
1 comment:
LOVE THAT GROUP OF PEOPLE!!!!!!! what a fun time it's been (minus some slight drama from my sweet boy).
Looking forward to this SAturday too!
Post a Comment