Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Starry Night

. . . was the name of the Christmas play the children were apart of at our new church. I, personally, think it should have been renamed to Oh Precious Night because that is what this night was. . .

When Christ, our Savior, was born . . . what a precious night. . .
And the night these precious children sang loudly about the birth of our Savior . . . again, a precious night. . .
This play was hands-down (see my sweet girl and one of her friends holding hands . . . precious) the BEST children's Christmas play I've ever seen. It was filled with some humor. . .unplanned, of course. . . like one little girl holding herself because she had to go to the bathroom (*wink*wink* Lisa) and then going off stage during the performance to get her mom.

One little girl started covering her ears because the child next to her was singing so loudly. Another little girl started making her fingers look like glasses to cover her eyes.
When the director of the program informed that Hanna had a speaking part and a solo, I was S-H-O-C-K-E-D. Then when she told me Hanna volunteered for it, I almost fell onto the floor.

Hanna is my child that speaks hardly anyone. She will not make eye contact. She is just extremely introverted (like her Daddy) . . . or so I thought.
Honestly I thought she would freeze when she got on stage and just stare at everyone. There is a story Jon told me about a time when he was little and he was supposed to sing in front of the church. He got up there with his mom and just froze. He said or sang NOTHING!!! I thought this would be a repeat of history.
So far, so good. . . there she is. . . very close to the microphone. . .
Microphone in hand. . . now what? That girl SANG!! Loudly and on tune and just perfect!!! I thought we were going to jump out of our seats we were so excited. . .

She also had 2 speaking parts at separate times. . . I knew she had 1, but not 2. She was so good. She knew what she was supposed to practice, and she did. . . I never once had to hound her or even help her, for that matter. She spoke loudly and clearly, not just in a hush. . . WOW!

My sweet little angel. . . I'm so proud of you!


Poor Ash. . . she has no problem whatsoever being the center of attention. Honestly, she loves it. But, for her age group. . . they were the ones who had the power behind the song. Her time will come in the spring performance. . .
When I asked Hanna after the dress rehearsal what she thought about singing in the microphone, Ashley chimed in,"Well, I get to stand near a microphone." Bless.her.heart. Basketball season is just around the corner, so she'll have her time to shine again. I promise.





This play was so very heartwarming. If it didn't warm every person's heart who saw it, they most have hearts of stone. . . It was so very good to see children so excited about our Savior!!Precious. . . . just absolutely precious!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Michele...they are lovely! What a wonderful night for you and your family! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sarah said...

Hi Michele,

How beautiful to see your delightful children in a play! What treasured memories for you all!

Cheers, xxx