Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Parade

Although we've lived in our town for the past 11 years, we've NEVER been to the Christmas parade . . . what a bunch of Scrooges. . . just kidding. I love small-town life, and this little small-town parade made it all the more special because 2 of my very favorite people in the whole world were apart of it.




Ash got to ride on the Upward float. Poor thing, her uniform had not come in yet. . . so she was without a uniform. .. and quite frankly this MORTIFIED her. . . with her Dad's quick thinking and the kindness of one of the coaches, Ash was able to wear a referee uniform. This calmed my sweet girl's nerves. Isn't she darling?

Good thing Hanna had Nanna by her side. . . these 2 fought tooth and nail to collect candy.


Oh, and when I saw my boy and his band come up to the hill, I sped-walked to where the float was. I was like the paparazzi with these guys.

There was this one spectator clapping her hands. . . I went up beside her and said, "Don't they sound good? There's my baby up there." She and her crew started clapping and cheering loudly.


I also got to have fun hanging out with this fun lady!!! We laughed lots especially at my mom trying to get candy for her Hanna Boo.

Love, love, love this hat. . . Wish it were mine. It was Suzanne's. . . .going today to get me one!!
Check out the loot Mama and Hanna got. . .

What a fun day!
Footsteps. . . I love their matching hats!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

i think we may have been only once or twice?! looks like a super fun day!!! I'm so proud of Alec!

I've GOT to come hear them play!