This weekend has been busy. . . a good busy though.
Friday I got up and run 12 miles with my running buddy. Another friend joined us for 4 of those miles. It was really a lot of fun.
I then came home, took a shower, worked a little bit, and then met Tiffani at the Sock Shoppe. Y'all there were 3 tour buses outside of this place. People think it's like a national landmark or something. It was super crowded inside, and we had all of our kiddos with us. We then trekked over to Taco Bell. I loved just sitting there. . . looking all scanky in my jogging suit, no makeup, hair in a hat self. Tiff looked about the same except I will say she one upped me . . . because her hair was down. We sat and talked for the longest time. We then exchanged kids. . . I took Hanna and JuJu home with me. She took Connor, Alec, and Ash home with her. We met back up a few hours later and gave each others kids back to one another. I came home, took a nap, got ready for the Christmas party. My in-laws came and got the kids and took them to an outdoor live nativity set at their church. The kids had a blast.
Saturday morning we woke up. I slept late. It was so incredibly nice to wake up and there be light outside. . . wonderful, I tell you. Just plain wonderful. Jon took Alec to band practice. I got the girls ready and we went to the church too. The girls practiced for their Christmas program and I helped decorate a float for the parade. This was so fun. I had to pull out the Cricket, which I haven't used in quite a while. When I got home Jon had mopped the whole downstairs for me. It was W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. Thank you Baby! I came home, clipped my coupons, went to the grocery store, got back home, sat down for 15 minutes, then went and got ready to go to a surprise party. We took the kids to my in-laws and then went to the party.
Sunday- if I could only use one word to describe our day I'd have to say . . . blessed. My alarm didn't go off, so I didn't wake up until 7:30. on Sundays I normally get up at 5:00 AM, get ready for church, then go to the grocery store and get papers. I hurriedly got ready, headed out the door to get papers only (forget the grocery shopping), told Jon what to do to get the kids ready for church. I got home in the nick of time; however, I was disappointed because the papers hadn't been delivered to the grocery store yet. We went to church, came home, scarfed down some barbecue my mom brought to us and all headed to the Christmas parade.
Alec and Ash both were in the parade. It was so much fun. (pictures to follow). We went home, got the girls ready and headed back to church for their Christmas program. Truly the BEST Christmas program I've ever seen. PRECIOUS!! If that program didn't warm your heart, then you clearly have a heart of stone. . . (pictures to follow for this too). Mama almost didn't stay for the program because she doesn't like to drive at night. I know she's glad she did. We stayed after church for a pizza party. . . YUMMMOOO!! And, we closed down the church with our dear friends/family, The Jones, and some of our newest friends we are enjoying getting to know. It was so fun. . . in fact, so fun, the only reason we decided to leave was because there was someone waiting to lock the church.
Now, I'm home and the kids are arguing over ALL the candy Hanna and Nanna got from the Christmas parade. Hanna doesn't think she should have to share anymore. I hear her now saying, "Daddy that's not fair. I worked so very hard for all of this candy."
I'm going to go now and motivate the kids to brush their teeth. . . we all say prayers. . . and cuddle up with my sweet hubby on the sofa.
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!!
3 comments:
Phew..that sounds very full on and living life to the max! Loving getting to know you more!
Cheers,
Sarah xxx
Y'all have been very busy! It sounds like you had a good weekend, though!
Tell Hanna she is going to have to share my portion of the candy WE collected. Some lady told me that she thought I had as good of a time as Hanna did. I always love spending time with my babies. They are so precious. I am very proud of all of them. I am glad I stayed to see the play. It was precious.
Post a Comment