Sunday, December 6, 2009

MR. Social Butterfly

Five or six years ago if you would have told me we would have had back-to-back-to-back social events, especially during football season, that Jon would have willingly have gone to, I would have laughed so hard I'd probably tee-teed in my pants . . no kidding. Jon's not a social person and he freely admits that.

He enjoys our get-togethers with our close friends, but as far as large social settings, he normally tries to avoid them.

Friday night we had our neighborhood Christmas party.

Then, on Saturday my running friend's husband was having a surprise birthday party for her. He asked us Wednesday night at church if we'd be able to attend and slipped us a reminder note in our theology class. I chuckled because he put on the note 6:00 SHARP!!! (Guess he's paid attention to our lack of being on time - ha!ha!)

Y'all we ran together on Friday. Do you know how hard it was to make sure I didn't slip up? Hard. So.very.hard. Running should be truth serum. . . because once you start running really long miles together, you'll tell someone just about anything.

During our 12-mile run on Friday, I had to consciously keep telling myself, "Don't mention her birthday. Don't mention anything about this weekend."

Saturday night we headed to the restaurant and had such a blessed time with really good, Christ-loving people. It was so refreshing from the night we'd had before.
So, we have one more social event for the weekend. Jon's been such a sweet trooper to accompany his social butterfly wife to these social gatherings. Y'all I LOVE people. I do. I truly do. I love being able to get to know people, to learn their stories, to talk with them. This was a wonderful evening, and I really had so much fun getting to know my brothers and sisters in Christ better. Thank you Baby for being such a supportive husband to your butterfly wife. I love you!

2 comments:

really.truly said...

You 2 are adorable!

I'm not nearly as social as I was when I was younger, but I still find myself being the social planner in our marriage.

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

Good for him to go with you to your functions, even though that's not exactly his thing(or so it seems from reading)! :) I wish I was more social.