Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Baby is 6

It is so very hard for me to think of my baby as 6 years old, but she is. . . September 27, 2009 was the big day . . . She was so funny . . . on her actual birthday she didn't want anyone to know it was her birthday. It was a Sunday, and she begged me not to tell anyone. She does NOT like any attention on her (just like her Daddy). . . She wouldn't even talk to ANYONE on the telephone . . . only kids she said, no grown ups.

At her birthday party the silly thing plopped this big bow on top of her head when it came time to open presents.

When everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to her at her party. . . she ran up to me and buried her face in my legs.
My Mom made her this sweet cake. . .

I still can't believe I had to put 6 candles on it. . .

The best part is always making a wish (*side note* check Tiffani out in this picture. Click on it if you need to. I have no idea what she is doing, but it is cracking me up!)

For her birthday dinner she requested fried bologna sandwiches, mac and cheese, and a cookie cake. With all this crud we are eating for THEIR birthdays I may request cantaloupe rind juice, spinach salad ,and hummus for MY birthday dinner. . . ha!ha! just kidding. . . . maybe. . .





3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Note to self: do NOT accept invitation to Michele's birthday dinner.

What WAS I doing?! Hmm, either 'bout to give someone a big ol hug, explaining the size of the fish I caught last weekend or perhaps telling someone I love them "this much"?! TOO FUNNY!

Yes, Miss Hanna is 6, I can't believe it either. Just think of the party she and Connor could have if they ever get married! Hers the 27th and his the 28th!

Loved Nanna's cake and loved being with y'all, as always!!

Julie said...

Maybe one of these days we can get together...I have your lamp and Beth has a gift for Ash. Hate it that we were so busy at the time of her birthday party (moving and getting ready for our estate sale).

Looks like Hanna had a great birthday. Tell her and Ash we said hello!

Gretchen said...

Tousled curly hair and nose dotted with freckles. Could she BE any cuter?!!! Happy b'day to your Hanna. And I'm sorry that she's already six. :)