For the girls' birthdays this year we told them if they wanted to opt out of a birthday dinner out. . . then we could go to the American Girl Bistro. . . . they, of course, squealed with delight.

They saved up their birthday money and were ready to spend, spend, spend. . .

What a fun thing to have girls . . . my favorite part of the entire day was seeing them walk through the mall. . . bags in hand. . . ready to take on whichever store our path crossed. . . I told Jon these are the moments you dream about when you hear those words, "It's a girl."

I made them these matching outfits, and I was excited they didn't buck me on dressing alike.

We ate the Bistro. . . and it was so neat and cool their American Girl dolls got to have their very own seats. . . .




Even though they had their own money the 'Bargain Betty' in me had to tell the girls about Target's "Our Generation" brand . . . I just love
saving money . . . so I have more to spend. I did tell them it was totally up to them what they bought and how much they spent. I thought they did really well. They each had enough $$$ to buy a new doll if they wanted, but they opted for accessories instead. . . my kinda' girls.

Ashley bought the golf and tennis outfit and a kit called "feel better" kit.

Hanna got
the ballerina kit and "Grace" Kit's dog.
We then walked
through the mall and I discovered my new favorite store, "Forever 21" . . . let me tell you, cute stuff and GREAT prices. I'm actually glad it is an hour away from where I live because otherwise my family would have to live on beans and cornbread to support my shopping habit.
After finishing up at the mall, we headed to Target. Before prancing ourselves around the store to finish spending birthday money, I stopped by Starbucks and got a Pumpkin Spiced Latte. Can anybody say yummo? Actually this cup of coffee cost more than one of the shirts I bought at "Forever 21". Too bad Starbucks doesn't have clearance cup of coffee.
While the girls were away the boys did play. . . video games. We thought our X-BOX 360 was broken. . . apparently not . . . it was like a new toy for both of them because it had been in our closet for so long.
2 comments:
What a fun fun day! The girls look super cute (so do you, as always)..love that pic of y'all in the car...so sweet!
So, how was the latte?! Did it have sugar? You do know you were taking away from farmers right?! ;)
I've been wanting to try one..we need a date for REAL coffee!!
ps--I adore that mall!!
Hey Michelle...Looks like a whole heap of 'Girls just wanna have fu-un' going on! Love the purple outfits you made...very cute!
xxx
Post a Comment