My little sister came into town to celebrate Hanna's birthday and hang out with us. There was a local 5K going on, so I signed she and I up to run.
I was so excited. I got 1st female to cross the finish line. Actually only 2 men beat me for winning the whole
shootin' match. I've never done that well in a race.

My goal was to beat my best 5K time . . . which was 23:21 . . . know what I ran? 23:21. Shoot!!! Oh well, just a good excuse to sign up for another one.
I won a medal and a plaque. . .

Kristen won 1st in her age group. I was very proud of her. I kept teasing her saying we looked like the dudes from
A Night at the Roxbury with our matching outfits and hats. . .

These are Jon and
I's sweet running friends. The lady in the blue is Jon's favorite teacher from high school. She is a sweetheart. The other lady is Jon's best friend's sister. She is super sweet too. I love running into them. We see them at all the local races. They are gearing up to run the San Antonio marathon in November. I asked them what their goal time was . . . "To finish vertical" was their answer . . .

That's the thing I love about running . . . community . . . it's great!!!!
2 comments:
I give you so many props for running and doing as well as you did! I am in awe of the fitness level that running a 5K in 23 minutes requires. I trained and ran a 5K in July, and am hanging up my sneakers for now in favor of doing ellipticals and walks. My body just did not like the sport, and my PT told me to stop. That's a bummer, but you're right, even the small taste of running that I did (let's call mine jogging), showed me that there's a tremendous community out there. It's especially nice to run for causes, and nice to see that so many running events are affiliated with them.
You and your sister look adorable.
Wow - good for you!
Post a Comment