Monday, October 19, 2009

The Running Idiot

No, the below picture is not my idea of a bad Halloween outfit. . . No worries, I didn't revert back to 8th grade when the "Punky Brewster" look was in either. . . it is actually a picture of an idiot, who has lost her ever-lovin' mind. . .
I had to bundle up BIG TIME this morning, as here in the ol' South it is a whopping 35 degrees outside. My running buddy and I were due to run a 12-miler today at 5:30 a.m. . . . in the dark . . in the freezing cold. I have to say though that the night sky was amazingly beautiful this morning. . . so crisp and clear.

My outfit was so bad when I got to her house, she said to me, "Don't you look cute. You make me not feel so bad," as she showed me her mismatched gloves.

It was cold, folks, brrrrr, cold. We warmed up as we ran, but my nose and my toes no longer have feeling in them. . . even now as I sit in the comfort of my warm house.

Since Jon did not see my running attire this morning before I left, when he saw me when I got home, he looked over at me and said, "I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle you in the winter." Lovely. . . just lovely. He teased me about being a fashionista unless it came to cold weather, then I just don't care.. . . yeah, you think? The above outfit is clearly one that someone wears who cares NOTHING about fashion or clothes or accessories or cuteness or sanity for that matter. Stacy and Clinton would be SOOOOO disappointed:( I had a breakdown. . . a breakdown of preferring comfort over cuteness. Forgive me Stacy and Clinton.

I promise this is me above. . . I even did my MHT (Michele head turn) so everyone would know it was authentic.

Happy Monday!!! When you're out driving look out for other running idiots that are running in this insanely cold weather. . . please report back to me if any of them look worse than I did. . . it will truely make me smile:)

4 comments:

really.truly said...

I do the same thing...actually did the same thing this weekend. As long as it's warm and cozy, who cares if it clashes. Actually, the more colors the better!

I think you look cute!

Mama Bee said...

I LOVE the outfit!! I would sport that with PRIDE!!! Only so many people could pull that off, and you most certainly look lovely :)

Have a wonderful week!

Tiffani said...

Well, dern I thought you looked rather cute!! I mean, must one really be a fashionista for running?! I, personally, like the outfit, my dear.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any other perps...when I'm up looking at 530am ;)

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

You look so cute!!! There is no way I could go walk, much less run, in 35* temps!