Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Beat My Time

Last Saturday Jon and I ran in another race. Normally I wouldn't have run one because on Friday I ran 20 miles . . . my poor body was really tired. However, some of our running friends were heading this up, so we wanted to be there for support.

My friend, JJ, ran in it also. She is new to running, and I am so very proud of her. I think the bug has bitten her and I hope she is here to stay.

JJ is one funny character. I always say she is the type of person that just says what everyone else is thinking, but doesn't have the guts to let it spill from their mouths. She keeps me laughing all the time.
Jon got 1st place in his age group. I was so hoping I'd beat him. . . no chance. He was right behind this guy he plays soccer with. This man started yelling, "Don't let him pass you. Don't let him pass you." As Jon started to pass him the man yelled, "No. . . don't do that man." He crossed the finish line with a time of 22:50.

I got first place in my age group and had my best 5K time ever . . . 23:10. It was a cold day and a hilly course, so I'm really hoping my next 5K I'll do even better. There was this girl behind me close on my tail. A man near the finish line was yelling, "Don't let her pass you. Don't let her pass you." My legs have never ever gone so fast. I wish I would have been first female to cross, but some young girl who has actually broken records for her high school came in way ahead of me. I knew there was no chance I was catching her.


It was a great way to start out a Saturday!



7 comments:

Amber said...

You guys and your running. I'm so impressed. But I'm tired just reading about it!

Congratulations!!!

Tiffani said...

Awesome. Simply awesome.

I keep waiting for the bug to bite me...any type of exercise bug, really. Maybe it'll get me soon!! ;)

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

That is awesome! WTG, Michele! I have got to get back into the exercise thing! I took the whole summer off and have gained 20lbs!!!

We are the Smith Family said...

Wow....I am sooo impressed and in awe of your strength and determination! Awesome!

Heather said...

Good job, Girlie! That time is SMOKIN' FAST to me!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations to you guys!

Michele I have a blog award waiting for you on my blog. xxx

Nancy said...

You guys look great! I have a hard time running to the bathroom...I'd never be able to run a race! You are pretty awesome!