- Our first night in our house was Mother's Day. For the first time EVER Ash and Hanna have their own room. We were placing bets to see who would end up where . . . They all started out in their own rooms. When I got up the next morning, Hanna was wrapped up in her comforter outside of Ash's bedroom door. . . So very, very sweet. The sisterhood is such a special relationship and I'm so glad my girls have one another. There is NOTHING like a sister!!! She told us later she got scared, but didn't want to bother Ashley. Night #2 all of them camped out in Alec's room. He actually wanted the girls in there, which was HUGE!!! He admitted to being a little scared himself. We've gone from 2200 square feet to 3300 . . . so it is an adjustment . . . for all of us.
- By the sweet grace of God we sold our other home. We originally had it rented out. The girl who was going to rent it could not pay what we needed her to. An agent from my real estate office called me one day (as I was painting the new house) asking to show my house (not ONE person had even looked at it since it's been on the market). I told her it was trashed. . . she said, "don't worry about it. Yours is not their favorite one anyway." So I wouldn't be the talk of the office . . . having a dirty house and all . . . I hurried home, push dirty laundry in the tub/shower, etc., stuffed everything I possibly could stuff under beds, put dirty dishes in the oven, microwave, etc. I had one last thing to do . . . vacuum the floor . . . they pulled up . . . I apologized for the floors being dirty . . . they looked at the house. . . I answered their questions. . . they put in an offer . . .. bada bing . . . bada boom . . . the house closed 3 weeks later. TOTAL GOD THING . . . I'm telling you!!! It was truly the easiest real estate closing I've ever experienced. The house that was their favorite was outside of the area in which their lender would lend them money . . .it was the type of loan they were using. . . Praise God for that!!
- Last week we took a field trip to the Atlanta Aquarium. The extra bonus was Jon went with us. It was a wonderful time!! We all had so much fun. The food was expensive though. . . $60 for pizza, french fries, and chicken fingers. . . but whatdoya do? The otters were our favorites . . . such personality those little guys have!!! We got to pet sting rays, sharks, sea anemone. Hanna was super hesitant about doing this. Towards the end of our time she said she'd go and do it . . . that chicken head . . . she hardly even put her fingers in the water. She gave us all a good laugh though.
- Last night I had a girls' night out with some great friends of mine. It was so much fun!!! We went to this new seafood place in town. My food was good, but the place is still trying to work out some kinks. We all laughed so hard. Then we went to see a play of Steel Magnolias. It was so very funny. The lady who played Wheezer was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! A fun night out on the town with my girlfriends always puts a pep in my step. We had to go back to the restaurant after the play to pay for our food (they couldn't get our checks out in time before we had to go). They were cleaning the place up. The owner looked at me and said, "You look like Jennifer Aniston." "Thank you, thank you," I said. Who wouldn't want to be told they look like Jennifer Aniston?!?. Honestly I was on cloud 9 (hee-hee). When I got home everyone was in bed. I had this note on the floor on top of a book that said, "Open Me." Inside was another note that said, "Good night. We love you. Ashley and Hanna." Oh my girls have the sweetest little hearts! Sometime during the middle of the night Ash came into my room and kissed me on the cheek as I was sleeping. She crawled in the bed beside me and I snuggled up next to her. This morning I asked her if she did this just to make sure I got home okay. "No Mama. I just HAD to come and see you." This girl is my biggest cheerleader, my super encourager . . . always!!!
- I have finally gotten back on a regular exercise routine. Exercising is my happy juice and when I'm not exercising my endorphins die. I'm so grateful to be somewhat getting back into a routine.
- The pool is opening up next week and I'm so excited!!! The pool we've joined for the last 7 years is about 30 minutes away from our new house. We joined a new one (much closer) with my friend, Suzanne, who has been a member there for years. I am so excited b/c this pool has a diving board and is in the shape of an L (so it is extra big). The one we've gone to in the past was just a plain pool (we loved it though). I will miss my old "pool friends" (friends that I only see during the summer). But, I am superdedooper excited about hanging out at the pool with my "all the time friends." (friends I see all the time . . . the same friends I went out with the other night).
- The kids and I are starting back school next week. Yes, we will have some summer school this year. We got too far behind with the move. I'm actually anxious to get back started.
- We did not get cable at our new house. For a long time now Jon has been wanting to get rid of our cable, but just could never bite the bullet because he's a huge sports nut. I never would have considered us big TV watchers before, but it has been GREAT not having cable. . . even Jon says so. We spent a lot more time together talking and playing games. We spend extra time at the table after dinner just talking and goofing off. I don't care too much for TV anyway, so I really love not having it.
- Has anyone heard of Ooma? It is a phone service where you pay a one-time fee of $200 -$240 and then you never have another phone bill again. We just got ours, and we love it. The only problem would be if they went out of business. Jon hates monthly payments (and after being together so long, I do too), so anything to take away another monthly payment is AWESOME in our house.
- We got rid of our English bulldog, Max. He stunk. He was aggressive. His shedding was horacious. We just didn't want him in the new house. Bulldogs are high-maintenace dogs and have to be kept cool. In the South this means they must be inside. Now Max is my first dog love, and I loved him dearly, but I didn't want him stinkin' up my new house. He went to a great guy. In fact, several other people called about him and we were uneasy about them. This guy we knew would love and take care of Max and treat him like he should be treated. We took $400 less for him from our asking price . . .that is how good we felt about this guy. There were many, many tears the night he left.
- We did get a new dog . . . a Bichonpoo (half Bishon, half poodle). His name is Cookie. Hanna got to name him b/c she spent the most time with Max. He is precious and he has captured all of our hearts. When we first got him and went into Pet Smart I would not allow myself to get too excited. I actually felt really, really bad. I told Jon I felt like I was cheating on Max. I'm big about being loyal and I just felt like I was being disloyal to Max especially giving him up for a small dog that doesn't shed and doesn't stink. Jon assured me that I was not being disloyal. I shook off my bad feelings and just got plain giddy over Cookie.
I think that's it for now. Knowing me . . . there'll be a few more addendums to come . . . things that I'll remember as I lay my head down to go to sleep.
5 comments:
Oh my word, your life is busy busy. But yay for making decisions to make life easier for yourself - the dog, the phone, the exercise, the pool that's closer.
Wow! for having a scattered brain you remembered quite a bit!
Great news about your hosue selling! And the stories of your sweet kids are great!
We joined a pool this year too, and as soon as we can all get well we'll be spending lots of time there!
WOW! I thought I was busy! We sure miss you guys...maybe we could squeeze in some time one of these days!
Girl, you make me tired just reading about your life.
Good for you guys on giving up the cable. We've had rabbit ears for all 11 years we've been married, and caved this year and got satellite. Still not sure if we made the right decision.
Your bulldog was SO cute, but I understand not wanting the stink and shed. Sounds like he'll have a good home. And now you have Cookie!
Can't wait for pictures!!!
Post a Comment