My parents came last Saturday to help us move all of the heavy furniture. My Dad is the muscle of the family, so we desperately needed him.
Jon compared the 2 of them moving to Popeye and Olive
Oyl. Guess which one is Jon? He was cracking me up!



Mama worked so hard . . . the next morning she called me and told me she could hardly get out of bed. She said her calves and triceps were so sore.



Here's Hanna's contribution to the move . . . carrying a couch cushion . . .

This was Max's contribution to the move . . . he's such a hyper dog we had to tie him up. If we would have let him roam free he would have either been chasing a duck from the pond or a neighbor's dog.

This was Alec's contribution to the move . . . taking pictures of himself . . .

As we walked up and down the stairs . . . the tune of "upstairs, downstairs, giddy-giddy squat" kept playing in my mind. . . except we didn't get to giddy-giddy squat.

Here's my contribution to the move . . . carrying stuff out to 'Noah's Ark'.
Every time we've ever moved I feel awful about how much junk we have.

We headed over to the new house and I left everyone there to unload. I packed up the kids and we headed to Ashley's end-of-the-year soccer party. I guess maybe this was her contribution to the move -FUN!!! Just like Ash to add a little fun in the mix for all of us.
Her coach will always describe each girl before he hands them their trophy. He never says their name while he describes them. It is always so much fun, as the girls try to all guess who he is talking about.
This is what he said before giving Ashley her trophy. . . "I have this rabbit that I see everyday when I pull up my driveway. There is many a day when I want to try and catch this rabbit. I know though that I'm not fast enough. However, there is one girl that I think might could just give him a run for his money . . . "


These girls have played many seasons together. This will be the last one that they will all be together. It has been so much fun seeing these girls grow together . . . both on and off the field. . .

One last, "Go Lady Fury"

I get back to the new house and everyone is pooped. We start discussing dinner plans. We take them out to Mom's favorite
barbecue. It is Jon's favorite too. I'm not a huge barbecue girl, but I love the atmosphere of this place. It is all thing southern. . . . a good warm feeling of family and togetherness. . .

Here we are at the end of dinner. We were all so
stinkin' tired. Can't you see it in our faces?
7 comments:
My legs are sore just looking at the pictures! I know you are EXHAUSTED today. Hope you slept in until 4:45.
Yipppeee! How fun and exciting...you are in, girl!
Sounds like Ashley is just like her momma :)
I'm tired from just reading and looking at the pictures!!
Next time Nanna is here I must get in on the S. Pit thing b/c no one in my house likes the BBQ but me!!
I know you're glad that this part is OVER!!
Now, on to the 'good' stuff!!
I'm so excited for you all. I know you'll be glad to have it all in and unpacked...and then you'll have to show us pictures!
Alec is your mini-you, isn't he?
James and I usually spit a plate, but that night I ate the whole thing. I was so hungry and tired. I am just thankful that James and I are in good enough health to be able to help yall. I hope yall don't move again. I love ya, Mama
Ugh. That's the worst part of moving.
But can I just ask you why the heck you parked Noah's Ark so stinkin' far away?!?!?!?
And your dog. Oh my gosh.
I have enjoyed reading your blog tonight.
Hope you will visit me...The posts from our most recent "grandparent Disney trip" are beginning, with a look into the eyes of my little guys from this "Grammy"! Also every comment counts as an entry for the May giveaway. (See Monthly Card Box Giveaway"!
Post a Comment