Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We're Making Progress - Part 2

I forgot to mention yesterday that before we took the linoleum out we had to remove the island. Tiffani had popped over for a quick visit. After she left Jon started trying to disconnect the electricity from the island. I freaked out when this bolt of electricitiy shot through. I called Tiff and asked if her Adam could come and save the day. Adam was definitely super-hero electrician. Thank you Adam and thanks Tiff for sharing Adam with us after he had been gone all day working hard. (Again, I didn't have my camera or I would have gotten Jon and Adam's picture working)


The next morning Jon left early and called me about an hour later. He said, "It looks like Taj Mahal out here." People were working everywhere. I pulled up to the house and this is what I saw. . .
Cars and trucks EVERYWHERE!!
I go inside and saw this going on. . . .




Later in the week Mama came to help me pack and she took the kiddibos home with her. Here we are at my now-house packing up the kitchen. I'd really been putting off packing. LOTS of my friends have told me they wanted to come and help me pack . . . I was having a hard time being motivated. Mom motivated me. Thanks Mama for all of your hard work and for taking the kids for the weekend.


We made several runs to the new house with packed boxes. Slowly but surely we're getting there!
Check back tomorrow . . . There's more to come.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the packing and the unpacking. Blech. But it's going to be so wonderful to be in your new house! Thanks for keeping up updated!

Tiffani said...

Oh I was happy to share...after all, I can't have my "fave" or her hubby being electrocuted!!!! And he was happy to help...

Gotta be thankful for Nanna!! I'll call you later we may ride down and see the progress!

really.truly said...

Love the updates. I did the same thing...waited until the last minute to pack. All those trucks and people working...exciting!! Having Tiff around the corner...priceless;)

Nancy said...

Wow....you guys are doing great! I wish I lived closer...I'd help you too!

Amber said...

Packing.,,yuck. New house...yah!

Looks like things are coming along...how exciting!!!