I just wanted to give an update of all the chaos going on right now.
**Papa- He has been diagnosed with lung cancer. At first they told us there was nothing they could do and it would be best to call in Hospice. I was in shock, then in a pool of tears, and then I realized he was getting the real prize . . . soon getting to meet Jesus face-to-face. Since then things have changed somewhat . . . The cancer has NOT spread anywhere else. They are going to give him a chemo pill by mouth. They are not calling in Hospice, but my Grandmama is going to hire some help. She and my aunt are exhausted. I really live too far away to help on a consistent basis. So all is looking up. . . Praise the Lord for that!!!
**Jon's Dad - He's doing a lot better. . . slowly, but surely. His appetite has picked up. He is starting to get out more. He actually made it to Ash's soccer game last week. He still tires out very easily and there is still a diagnosis that we are praying for a miracle over, but he is much, much better. We've even had glimpses of him the way he used to be. Jon would comment, "Now, THAT is the Dad I know." Praise the Lord!!!
**New House - It's been an absolute nightmare . . . a roller coaster of emotions. Things are going in a positive direction right now, but that is really all I can say about it now. Whether we move or stay here, I'm totally content and happy with whatever God's will is. I'm just ready for it to be over.
**Prepuberty - I've been drenching myself in parenting books like crazy and I'm learning most of this stuff is normal. That way I don't go directly attacking myself . . . .like I've done something wrong . . . or haven't done enough of something . . . or I've done too much of another thing. I tend to be pretty hard on myself and place the blame on myself . . . sometimes it's due . . . sometimes it's not. I've spent ALOT less time doing things for myself . . . dying to self . . . . yep, it's tough . . . i'm pretty selfish by nature and feel like I put alot into my family, but the very MOST important thing I could ever, ever invest in (other than my relationship with Jesus) is my children and my marriage.
4 comments:
Praise the Lord. I know it's still a medical battle with your Papa and FIL, but thankfully there are some encouraging things happening.
For the house stuff and pre-puberty stuff..you have a wonderful attitude about it all. Please keep notes on the pre-puberty stuff....I'm going to need to read them in a few years.
Thanks for sharing the updates!
Goodness! You have a lot on your plate right now!!
I love ya girl and I miss you a ton but I know you are CRAZY busy right now.....just know that I am praying for you and your family and when all this is over I will be here waiting to just be a friend and hangout. Love you!
You have such great perspective, although you may not realize it.
I am so happy for good news for Papa and Grandaddy. I will continue to pray over those things..and the house too.
My sweet Alec. You know how much I love him. I am praying that these days will come and go with minimal heartache...and like Mimi said..keep those notes..our day is coming!
I love you "fave"!
Post a Comment