Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random

1. I'm starting to feel really guilty knowing that the only vegetable my children have had since we started working on our house is french fries. . . that's a tough pill to swallow for a mom tries to make sure we eat healthy.

2. My shoulders are so stiff from all of the painting I've been doing. I think when I'm finished and we're all moved in I'm going to take a whole day to myself . . . and treat myself to a massage. . . maybe at the beach . . . no, just kidding about the beach part. The massage? I definitely think I'm going do that for myself.

3. I gave myself a little extra grace this morning. Rather than getting up at 4:00 a.m. and working like a work horse all day long, I set the alarm to 5:00 a.m. I really can't wait until I learn the lesson that I don't have to be everything to everybody and try to accomplish 500 million things in a day. . . I have it in my head . . . it just has not made it to my heart yet. This is a "me" issue. . . it's not my family demanding things of me. Why am I like this? Somebody please psycho analyze me so I can figure me out!!!

4. The big homeschool conference is tomorrow. I'm so very excited. However, I still do not have a list of all the stuff I need to buy. Maybe in-between painting strokes I can jot down the things I need. I am determined to come home with all that is needed for the next school year . . . no ordering things at the last minute.

5. I'm going to try and get Jon to take Ash to soccer practice today so I can actually cook dinner. I can't believe that I actually want to cook. We have either eaten fast food every night or my MIL has cooked for us. I'm not sure which is worse. Jon says he eats worse at GiGi's house than anywhere. I agree. . . it is so very yummy though. Just not good for the waistline or the heart.

6. This weekend I will be stepping into a Catholic church for the first time ever. A good friend of ours' daughter is taking her first communion. Thank you Nancy for all of the help and suggestions.

7. I'm tired. . . . grateful and happy and still telling Jon, "Thank you for buying my dream house." Just very tired. I've mentioned before that I'm a worker bee. I don't take breaks. I don't like to take breaks. I don't like to be interrupted when I'm working. I will stop and eat, but that's about it. Yesterday I had a gazillion interruptions and, by the end of the day, I was extremely grouchy. One of those grouchy days that I just couldn't snap out of it. Grrrrr . . .

8. I had a great laugh with my sister, Melissa, last night. One of those 'almost pee in your pants' laughs. I told her I would so blog about it the content of our laugh . . . if I could. She thinks I should. . . but I can't. Sorry . . . don't mean to tease you all . . . but it was a really good laugh!

9. I hope I get to see my little sister, Kristen, this weekend. They are supposed to be coming up. She's called me twice. . . I haven't called her back yet . . . slacker sister, I know.

10. I really want some new clothes for the spring/summer. I can't wait to get a tan. I feel so pasty white right now.

6 comments:

really.truly said...

During house reno/moving allow yourself tons of slack...these are temporary days. You will be back to your regular healthy routine and everything else soon. I look back at our move last year and miss that time. It was sort of fun to eat on the floor, lots of coffee, random things happening!! And, oh I remember that stiff shoulder pain. Think of it as a great workout! Am I annoying yet? :)

Please share about the convention!That will be a fun little escape. About the "all things to all people"...it's a slow process to change that mindset. Been there, done that. Baby steps!!

Amber said...

French fries. The vegetable of choice at my house. Which is why I'm in such torment over this whole get healthy thing. Yuck to healthy. Yah to french fries.

You are so going to fire me as your friend, aren't you?!

Can't wait to see more picts of the remodel!!!

Carpool Queen said...

I never kid about a massage...Go get one. I think I may, too. I just did my first healthy thing in about six months and it slap wore me out.


Must.
Go.
Recover.

Nancy said...

Please, please tell me all about your homeschooling conference!! Even though we (and I say "we" loosely)decided against homeschooling AGAIN this year....I love to live vicariously through others!!! I want to hear everything!!

really.truly said...

I noticed the blog change...it looks great!!!

Melissa said...

You should totally blog about it now that I spilled the beans.