Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life of a Soccer Mom

Can I just say how much I love being a soccer Mom? Someone told me months . . . maybe even years ago. . can't remember, that "soccer mom" was the new, cool name for stay-at-home mom because most stay-at home mamas are never at home. . . yes, that is true in my case. . . . But. . . I really AM a soccer mom. During the Spring and Fall our Saturdays are spent on the soccer field, and can I just say that I LOVE it?!?

Don't get me wrong I love being a ballerina's and swimmer's mom, but there is just something magical about waking up on a Saturday morning and going outside to the soccer field, whether it's on a warm Spring day or a crisp, cool Fall day. . . I just LOVE it!

We get to see our middle child go and do what she does well . . . COMPETE!!! She is one fierce competitor. Her zest and her zeal . .. her encouragement and praise for her other teammates . . it just makes my heart smile:)

We have one C-R-A-Z-Y coach . . .well we have many coaches . . . the one looking like chief Indian is certainly chief when it comes to knowing soccer. He's played for a really long time. The one in the yellow is the crazy one. He's the Happy Gilmore of soccer. When you play against him you really think, "This guy takes this way tooooo serious. It's a kid's sport for crying outloud." We know . . . because we have competed against him. However, when you have him as your coach you think, "Wow! We love this guy. He's great. All of that yelling he does is just passion for the sport. He's just competitive."
Look at her go! We have another "coach on paper." She is great too. She hands out the schedule, arranges practices, gives us a snack schedule. She is a super person!



Now, I'll tell ya when it's good and I'll tell ya when it's bad . . . Ash is NOT the strongest kicker on her team . . . but she has got some really fancy footwork. The girl can control the ball like nobody's business . . . and top it all off . . . she's fast! She can get to the soccer ball as quickly as I can get to my first cup of coffee in the morning:0)
On top of all of this, we have a great soccer family. I've made some really good friends with other soccer moms that I'm just crazy about!!!

The girls are all so close. After all . . . they've been playing this sport for quite awhile together. In fact, this will be the last season that they're all together. We're planning a good year-end party for them. When you go out, you gotta go out BIG!

Ash is so funny . . . every time she scores she makes sure we are watching and screaming like crazy for her. . . such a showboat she is!


More than the girls all scoring, I love seeing them cheer their other teammates on. They hug like crazy, jump around like kangaroos, and have squeals so loud that would make a dog go deaf. . . . all while the game is going on!

At the end of the games all of the parents form a tunnel for the girls to run under and we shout out loud for them!



I tell Jon that when the kids are grown and gone I HAVE to find a job at the soccer field, whether it be coaching a team of 3 year olds. . . adopting a kid and making them play soccer . . . working the concession stands . . . . something, because I am a soccer Mom to stay!

See the boots on my feet? The soccer field is always 10 degrees cooler than my house b/c it doesn't have any trees around it. Mama in High Heels is always cold, so I know to dress extra warm.
One more thing I love about being a soccer mom . . . . I think just about everyone in our town is at the soccer field on Saturday morning. . . Have I mentioned before how much I love people and I love being social? Well Saturday mornings just filleth my cup with folks!!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I want to be a soccer mom, too!

Heather said...

You are a GREAT soccer mom!!! Loved the pics! Connor just started soccer so I am going to be a soccer mom, too!

Tiffani said...

what happened to your blog background??? It's gone!

I at least get to live vicariously through you guys since I am NOT a soccer Mom...

That's a sweet pic of you and Ash!

Musings of a Homeschooling Mom said...

I love the pics! I love being a soccer mom, too! It's so much fun!