This is what our before kitchen looked like. . . pretty ugly, huh?
Our hinges and cabinet knobs will be an aged bronze.
This is what is referred to in my house as "the pineapple." Guess why? It goes in the foyer and has a mirror that hangs over in. In my now-house I have a lamp on it and a picture of the kids. What's inside? Junk . . . just any ole' junk.
When I really start to love a decorating trend I tend to get a little obsessed with it and go over the top with it. So, I decided to paint "the pineapple" and distress it.
First I sanded it . .
Then I applied 2 coats of Royal Red paint from Lowes.
Then I applied 2 coats of black.
Unfortunately, I painted the black on today and you have to let your paint dry for 12 hours until you can start standing it to distress it. The color red is what will be shown through the black when I start standing it. I will definitely post the final picture.
Like I said earlier, I can't stand for a party to be going on and not being apart of it . . . so more to come with this one and the new kitchen.
Thanks Edie for such a fun party!
Thanks Edie for such a fun party!
9 comments:
You have outdone yourself Ms. Michele, you guys work fast!! And I love 'the pineapple'. I so appreciate you linking with us even though you're still working hard on it. They are going to look fantastic!!
So glad we're blog friends!
Hugs and love,
Miss Edie
I wish I didn't fear color.
LOVE LOVE LOVE your cabinets! Please come do mine when you are finished with yours!!! :)
Girl you know i love ya but "ENOUGH WITH THE LOWES ALREADY" You can get your paint color anywhere....you pick the color and they will match it....please please give a family some love....The Home Depot - You can do it we can help!!!! Just gotta put our 2 cents in....I love ya!
I love your white cabs! its so much work isnt' it?
i had no idea that Edie was having a party, or I would have joined!
Happy Painting!
Awesome! Love the white. It's been fun watching everything transform.
The pineapple chest looks fabulous so far..I'll look for the final pic. Very cool!
I can't wait to see the finished Pineapple! As I was scrolling down and came upon the red pineapple, I thought...that is a great red, but the thought of doing the black over the red! I can't wait to see the finished product.
I love what you've done! Amazing!
I cannot believe you painted that oak.(In my best mama voice)
Post a Comment