Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TRICKED on TUESDAY

Tuesday is the day my oldest 2 children have what we call "Homeschool School." It is a Christian school where we live that has full time students and they offer classes to homeschoolers. So on Tuesday my kiddos are there all day. It is really cool because they get to experience the school atmosphere and have accountability with someone other than me. My daughter takes History, Science, Art, and Music, and my son takes History, Science, Art, and Hands-on Experiments. They love it, and as long as we can afford it I LOVE them going there!!!! They get to participate in picture day, yearbook, Thanksgiving Re-enactment, field, day, etc.; so, to this homeschooling mother it is truly the best of both worlds. It also gives me a day to spend with my baby (my 5-year-old baby that is).

This morning I was leaving to take Alec and Ash to "Homeschool School," and Hanna Boo decided to stay home with Jon. When I get home and walk in the door all is quiet and the lights are all off (a rarity in this house). Jon's truck was outside so I knew they were home. I started calling for them - no answer. I then looked around and saw Jon's keys, wallet, and cell phone were still there, so I knew that his parents didn't come by and take them out for breakfast or something. "W-E-I-R-D," I thought. Then the thought occurred to me that they must be hiding - especially knowing my goofy husband. "Okay, I thought. I am going to find you guys and scare you." I looked E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E - in the closets, under the beds, under the tables, behind the shower curtains - EVERYWHERE!!!!

My next thought was that they must have taken a walk to the park or have gone to feed the ducks. The pond with the ducks is across the street, so I looked out my window, and didn't see them there. Being the control freak that I am when it comes to my kiddos, a little worry started to creep in. I decided to get in the car and ride around the subdivision and by the park to see if I saw them walking. By this time I was pretty worried!! I starting saying prayers of safety over them. After all, I learned from the chief of all worriers how to worry - from my mother that is!!!

After my worry ride around the subdivision I STILL did not find them. "Where could they be?" I come into the house pretty frantic at this point and I start to call for them loudly at this point, over and over and over again. I go to open the door to go back outside and here they come - those STINKERS!!!! They had been hiding, but where? The Stinkin' Rose Pedal Cottage. I didn't even know my hubby could fit in there!!! Uggghhhh - they got me good!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I would've been scared too...then mad because they let me get so upset and worried!