Friday was an extremely busy day. We were having Hanna Boo's birthday party (although her birthday was in September - this was the first free day we had to do it). I usually have it at a pavilion in our subdivision. That way my house isn't a mess after the party is over. However, there was a monsoon that day, so we moved it into the house. It was a very simple party with her best buds! Her party was very indicative of her personality and yet Ashley and Alec's parties were very indicative of their personalities also. She and Alec are very much introverts, have few close friendships, but treasure those that are dearest to them. They both had small parties. Ash, on the other hand, is extrovert x2, and her party was full of lots of people. I love how they all come from the same home with the same set of parents, yet are so very different. I loved Hanna's party too because some of my best buds were there also. Since we moved the party inside I decided we needed something to do since the children didn't have the park to play at. They made bracelets, and they loved it! Later that night I asked Hanna Boo how much fun she had at her party on a scale of 1 to 10 and she said a 100!!! Yay!
Earlier that day I had to go buy all the stuff for her party. I had to work on real estate, which consisted of faxing out flyers to all of the realty companies surrounding the homes he has for sale. This literally took me 2 hours of faxing. Hopefully we will get buyers out of it though. We also had another birthday party to go to earlier that day. My hubby had been out of town all week, so we were preparing for him to come home. I had to meet him at the bank at 4:00 regarding real estate. Anyway, it was a pretty hectic day - so hectic, I ate candy corn for lunch!!!
Saturday I got to sleep it. I did not roll out of bed until 7:52. Monday through Friday I am up bright and early at 4:00 a.m. so to get to sleep anytime past this is pure luxury. We ran some errands then came home. Jon watched the GA game, but I really, really needed to get a run in. I put Hanna down for her nap and Alec played video games and Ashley listened to her MP3 player. I set off for a 5.75 mile run. I really wanted to get in 6-7 miles, but we were meeting some friends for dinner, so I had to cut it short. About 3:30 my parents came to keep our kids and plan for a sleep over. They grilled burgers with the kids and took them on a walk. Jon and I went with our friends, Justin and Lori, to Pappadeaux's. This was actually supposed to be a quad date. However, because of unforeseen circumstances our other friends couldn't make it. I was so sad about this and missed them dearly. However, we did have a great time! Lori had been raving about 2 things from this restaurant - a drink called "Swamp Thing" and this appetizer. It was a fondue made with spinach, craw fish, crab, mushrooms, and shrimp. You put it over toasted bread. It was some of the B-E-S-T food I have ever put in my mouth. "Swamp Thing" didn't disappoint either. It was very good!! I ordered tilapia coated with a New Orleans sauce and Jon had the Mahi-Mahi topped with a wonderful, rich sauce. His was better than mine, but I was extremely pleased. In fact, other than Le Cellier in Disney World, this is my new favorite place to eat.
As far as the Biggest event of our weekend - my son had his very first swim meet at Auburn University. He has been swimming for about 6 weeks now has progressed quickly and received praise from his coaches. I was a little hesitant about him going to a meet so early, but they assured me he would be fine. We (my fam plus my parents) all piled in "Noah's Ark" and left our home at 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning to head over to Auburn. We were all pretty nervous for him.
He also swam in the 50 M freestyle. He had to be by the pool on the pool deck. Parents were not allowed - UGGHHH! This was good for him though because he had to assert himself to find out what he was supposed to do, rather than getting me or Ash to ask for him. I have to admit during the event I was wondering if he was going to want to quit. He came in last in all of his heats and got disqualified in two events (I don't think he knows this yet. I have decided to be the encouraging mom and let the coaches coach. They will tell him and let him know what he needs to work on). The head coach had actually pulled me aside at one of his practices before this swim meet and told me to BEWARE and to chalk this event up to an education. He warned me that he probably would get disqualified and we may be discouraged after the meet. However, he told me again (he has said this numerous times) to be patient with Alec and he will be a forced to be reckoned with. He has all the qualities of a great swimmer. Coach told me he wanted me to video the race and 6 months from now to video the race at that time and I would be able to tell a tremendous difference. I told Alec what his coach had said beforehand to prepare him. While the events were going on Jon and I were wondering how he was feeling. He is a Perfectionist with a capital P, and normally if he can't be the best at something he throws in the towel. We had made up our minds we were going to tell him how much fun we had and how proud we were of him, but that would be it. We also had made up our minds that if he came back and said he didn't want to do it again, we were going to make him continue. Guess what? He came back and he LOVED it!!! He said the coaches told him he did a great job for his first event - shows you what Jon and I know -NOTHING!!! He was so psyched. I was so happy for him. It was a great day. We then headed to Olive Garden for lunch and then headed home. All of the kids and I sacked out in the car. I was the only adult who slept. We got home and my parents got their things together and headed back to their home. I have GREAT parents. They truly love my children like no one else does. They are so supportive and encouraging and are truly the best Nanna and Papa a kid could ask for. My mom was determined she was not going to miss his first swim meet!!
I do have to say my high heels were mentioned at the swim meet. When I saw some of my swim mom friends one of them said, "Does she have her heels on?" I then said, "Yes, you know I can't disappoint!!!" It was a great day!
1 comment:
Michele...I clicked over here tonight from Tiffani's blog and I was sad (but really happy) to see that I've been missing your posts. I thought I had subscribed to your blog in google reader, but evidently, I didn't and I just thought you were a sporadic blogger. I certainly have some catching up to do! BTW, I've subscribed successfully now!
Thanks for being faithful to read and comment on mine all the time. I haven't intentionally been neglecting you!
Glad your weekend was fun. It certainly sounded busy!
Post a Comment