Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tempted

I decided that if I get this off my chest and out into the open that I can, or maybe some of you can, talk me out of what I am very tempted to do today. In our family room we have this body weight exercise equipment up. It has been there probably since January, with all intentions of one day moving it out. During January my husband actually bought it for me because he was really not into fitness at that time. Fast forward to March, hubby gets really into running and into this body weight machine. I bought 2 new chairs specifically for our family room, and I absolutely LOVE them. My room is now complete with the addition of these 2 chairs. It looks so good, very warm and welcoming (which is what I desire my home to be) EXCEPT for this huge piece of exercise equipment. Father's Day weekend I spent almost all of my Saturday cleaning out our garage all by myself so we could put this equipment in there - to be used, but not seen by company. Well hubby and I have been going around and around about this machine. He wants to leave it in the family room so he can watch TV while he exercises. I have tried to convince him that he will get a much better workout if he is not distracted by the TV and also I have told him that watching TV hinders muscle growth:) It's not working!!!!! So, here comes the temptation part - most days my hubby is in and out of the house throughout the day, but today, and today only, he will be gone pretty much all day. It will require me removing a few nuts and bolts in order to move this equipment and then put it back together in the garage. He will be SOOOO upset with me if I do it. I have even threatened to do it, and he said, "If you do, then I will get your sewing machine and take it apart, and then you will have to put it together again." Please understand all of this is done in jest with lots of laughter and picking. None is done with an ill-intent or a mean spirit. I am trying really, really hard to be submissive, but I am so tired of looking at this monster in my family room. It hinders the decor. I have prayed for many, many years that my husband would develop healthier eating habits and exercise, and God has truly answered my prayers. So I keep telling myself to be grateful that he is using the equipment and don't nag him about putting it somewhere he doesn't want it, but today that is not working. I really, really want it out in the garage. Help!!! - somebody, anybody. Any suggestions as to how I can get this equipment out of there without defiance?

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

okay...let's see...I'm really on your side and say just move it in the garage but I know that's not exactly how you wanted to handle things..so, maybe you could when you move the equipment set up a little table with a CD player and some of his fave CD's sitting right there...so that when he works out he can listen to music...much better than TV. OR you could bribe him with putting a little TV in the garage. I mean how can you concentrate on reps, etc. when you're watching the tube???

Unknown said...

I read this post early this morning, but didn't have enough time to comment.

I know how you feel, wanting a nice place to relax, but the thoughts you gave on your husbands desire to work out are good too!!!

So basically, I am now help.

What did you decide?

Anonymous said...

Enclose the garage, put a television in it along with other excercise equipment and a small refrigerator to keep water cold; this could be used strictly for working out.
Good Luck,
Mama