Monday, June 30, 2008

FOR TODAY

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW...my grass looks so thick and green thanks to Lawn Magic and the LORD sending us some rain.

I AM THINKING...that I feel gross from cleaning Jon's Covington house today, but at least the weight equipment will be in the garage.

FROM THE KITCHEN...we had Papa Jon's tonight.

I AM CREATING...a clean house before we go on vacation.

I AM GOING...to the beach on Wednesday.

I AM WEARING...a running shirt and some GA Bulldog workout pants that are so nasty from cleaning that house.

I AM READING...my Bible (trying to read it in a year, but I'm a little behind). The Shack by William Young - it is wonderful, a must read.

I AM HOPING...that my foot will heal in time for a race this Friday. It will be my son's first 5K and I am supposed to be running it with him.

I AM HEARING...Jon read things to me about my extensor tendinitis.

AROUND THE HOUSE...I will be packing for vacation and trying to get things in order before we leave on Wednesday.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...the beach. I am a total beach bum. I can't wait to go!!

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF MY WEEK...head to St. Simons on Wednesday, celebrate Alec's birthday on Thursday, race on Friday (hopefully) and watch fireworks from the beach, enjoy being at the beach with my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog - it's very nice to "meet" you! It's always fun to connect with new bloggers.

I have to say that I absolutely love the beach, too - and St. Simon's is one of my favorite vacation destinations. Actually, we used to go to Jekyll every year for a conference (for John). We usually went into St. Simon's for dinner, and maybe shopping one day. The rest of the time we hung out at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, which is just ahhhh and wonderful. :)

I'm sure you will have a blast - wish I could go right along with ya!

Welcome to blog world. You'll be addicted before long!

Jen