The next morning they all were very chatty and had lots to tell me when they called me. Alec caught 13 fish and drove the boat (whoa- glad I wasn't there. I would have said no), but Papa taught him how to do it and he did a great job. The girls swam and swam and found lake shells (AKA seashells) as they called them. They built a fire and roasted marshmallows and made smores. Day 2 was just as good. They road to the middle of the lake with the boat and all jumped out of the boat and swam. They all had so much fun.
Meanwhile, back at home Jon and I had a great weekend (other than me hurting my foot). Friday night we played Wii Fit and competed against one another, which we love. Then watched a movie. Saturday morning we went and ran in "Run for Romania" which was our best race yet. Then we spent the next 3 hours at "doc in a box" and the pharmacy getting my medicine.
Ash kept calling and calling wanting to know if we were coming down for the night. My foot was really throbbing, but I couldn't disappoint her. I know there will come a day when she may no longer beg and beg me to come, so as long as she is begging then I am coming. Jon and I did sneak a dinner date at Carabba's before we went to the camp site. I was loopy from my medicine, but it was still a good time sitting around and laughing. Sunday morning Jon helped my parents pack everything up while I sat with my foot elevated, and we came home. Camp Nanna and Papa was a huge success. The children can't wait until they do it again.
2 comments:
Oh my! Hanna's face is cracking me up in that picture!!! I'm glad that they had so much fun! Your Mom is brave to do it--wish mine would :)!
I love the pics of the kids. They definitely look like they are having a blast.
Having grandparents nearby is such a great thing. It's great that your parents do something so active with them!
Post a Comment