Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Recap

First of all, for those wondering what I decided to do about "tempted" my brother-in-law did not get here until 2:00, so that threw all of my plans out the window. I guess it was for the best. Thanks for all of your advice though. I have made a deal with my hubby though. He has 2 house that need cleaning in order to be put on the market. Normally he cleans them, but I told him I would clean one if he would agree to move the exercise equipment monster into the garage. He had to think about it for awhile, but, he agreed to it. So today I will be cleaning a house that is not my own. Oh well, it will be SOOOO worth it to have my family room back. We had a rather eventful weekend, which was very nice. I decided on Saturday that since my plans for "tempted" were out the window then I would do something special at home with each of the children. My son and I started putting together a 500 piece puzzle. I have a friend who loves puzzles. I 've always snickered at her about this but on Saturday I had to apologize to her because I have now entered the world of puzzle lover. I had so much fun with this. My son got frustrated after awhile, but I could not stop. I did decide to leave the last pieces for the children to finish up (which the puzzle is still sitting on the dining room table unfinished). My middle daughter and I made a stepping stone, which she loved doing. She is very crafty. My youngest daughter and I painted, which is what she said she wanted to do. The children then surprised Jon and I with a "romantic dinner" and show. Posted below is the table they set up for use. They made us salad with banana and cheese, peanut butter and crackers, and some sort of lemon drink. I really played along with them and played it up like it was all delicious. Jon, on the other hand, was having no part of the salad or the drink. He did thank them for their thoughtfulness. They then put on a dancing and singing show. It was precious. I have to say my son is usually the ringleader when they do these sorts of things. They truly make life SO MUCH FUN!!!

Sunday was very restful, which I always try to make it a habit to rest on Sundays. I know God calls for us to do this, and I have really found it makes my week go much better if I do. After a great Sunday service at our church we came home and had leftover taco soup (which everyone huffed and puffed about). I cuddled up on my sofa in our family room with "The Shack" and read until I fell asleep. The girls played Wii Fit and my hubby and son watched a movie together. We then went out to have Mexican for dinner, came home and played a board game, finished our Junie B. Jones "Toothless Wonder", said our prayers, put the kids to bed, then Jon and I watched a movie until we fell asleep. A weekend a home, but a great weekend at that!!!


The Entertainment
Our "romantic dinner" (the children knew I would be mad if anything got on the carpet). Notice the place cards and the menu.

Hanna's Painting
Ashley's Stepping Stone
Alec's unfinished puzzle



3 comments:

Tiffani said...

You guys really made the most of your weekend...that's for sure!! I know that you are making memories that will last a lifetime...sometimes even the simplest gestures are remembered before the big events. Oh, the puzzle looks GREAT...I don't who that puzzle lover friend of yours is...but I bet she's excited you've been "bitten" by the puzzle bug...I love you!

Regular, with half and half and raw sugar said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! And what a creative mom you are!

Unknown said...

I think that is a great swap on the Living room dilemma!

I had to laugh when I read what your kiddos fed you. I re-read the salad part like three times. Could she really mean bananas and cheese?

I laughed out loud when I realized you REALLY meant it!

The only things sweeter than your kids is you being such a gracious diner!