Saturday, June 21, 2008

Run for Romania

First Place in our age group 30-39


After the race- we're drenched like 2 kids who've been running in the rain

Before the Race - Can you see the rain?

Today my husband and I ran the 5K Race for Romania. Our goal is to do one 5K a month at least until soccer season gets here. Both of our girls play soccer, so races are harder to run when soccer season is here. It was our BEST RACE YET!!! It was pouring down rain and wonderful. I really felt like a 10-year-old little girl running in the rain. I felt so FREE! God reminded me that that is how He desires me to feel all the time because in His eyes I am a little girl splashing through the mud puddles of life and it is for freedom that He came to set me free (Galatians 5:1). He reminded me that I needed to stop being bogged down with fear, worry, and doubt, and those things that truly hinder my freedom, and to just run this race of life with JOY and FREEDOM!! It was really a great race! I especially was proud of my hubby. He's only been running since March and has really been training hard. He finished 5th in the race and won his age group. His time was 22:23. I finished 9th in the race and won my age group also. My time was 23:21. My feet started hurting me after the race and to make a long story short my foot was hurting me so badly when I got home my hubby had to carry me down our stairs. I ended up at "doc in a box" thinking I had broken my foot. I tend to overexaggerate and immediately panic, so I kept telling myself all was going to be fine. Come to find out I have aggravated some tendons in my foot. I am so grateful though because I really thought it was broken. I have to be "no running for a week" the doc said. Oh well, a good excuse to be lazy - right?

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

I'm so proud of both of you!! I love being able to see Jesus in anything and everything we do...and see what lessons He may have us learn within even daily activities..so thanks for the encouragement...I'm proud of my first place girl, hang in there with the foot and I love you!! Oh, I saw your comment to Amanda..another girl on there said something about the Shack and not being able to put it down! I want to read those that she suggested, too!

Unknown said...

I found your blog through the LPM website.

Running has always been an amazing metaphor for my relationship with Christ as well!

So sorry about the injury, but congrats on a race well run!

About Nancy said...

Congratulations! What a great job. Marathons always remind me of life, because life takes so much stamina.
I am proud of you and don't even know ya!
Blessings,
Nancy