Me, my hubby, my 3 children, and my high heels in Disney WorldOkay, I have to admit I have been wanting to do this blogging thing for quite a while. I have been a blogger reader, but not a blogger writer. So now I am entering the world of blogger writing. I am so excited. I love how you can really get to know someone through a computer screen. I also am excited about this new blogging adventure, as I think it will be a way to keep up with my life. Life sometimes is so busy that we rush through it and never take time to stop and think about what actually has happened and what really matters. I feel like this blog also will keep my friends and family who live far away from me feel more connected to me and my children.
Okay, I am totally being a copy cat and copying my very dear friend Tiff's blog, so I will start by explaining where "Mama in High Heels" came from. For those of you know me best I really don't have to explain. For the others of you, I MUST tell you about my passion for high heel shoes. I am 5 foot 8 inches tall, so I don't wear heels for height. My passion for these shoes that kill my feet all started soon after my first child was born. I had always noticed how after women had children they really started to let themselves go. No way, not me! I absolutely refused!!! So in my refusal to become frumpy I go to the n'th (is n'th a word?) degree and I wear high heels with just about everything. To the grocery store? Yes. To the soccer field? Yes. To the library? Yes. On homeschool field trips? Yes. You name it and just about anywhere you see me you will see my high heels!!!! In fact, there are actually people who I have met once or twice and hardly know me at all and they will tell me that they think about me when they put on their high heels. I must confess though, there is one place where I don't wear high heels - on the road when I run. I am an avid runner and the shoes I wear are so ugly they are actually the nemesis of my high heels!!! Other than those times out running, when you see me, you will most likely see a mama in high heels.
3 comments:
Good luck with the blog - keep it up!
Simon in England
Oh My Word!!!!! Words cannot express how excited I am that you have done this...AND HOW DID YOU GET THAT DING DANG BACKGROUND???? I tried for DAYS to figure out how to do that...I am SO proud of you--and you can copy all you want!! I can't wait (as if we don't talk enough) to check in on your blog everyday! The blog is like TOP OF THE CLASS!!!
When I see you in your high heels, it makes me smile!
I have a favorite passage from the Bible I've memorized (which reminds me of you)
It is Habakkuk 3:17-19. The part that reminds me of you is vs 19...
The Lord God is my strenght. He will make my feet like deers feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills.
Love you, KiKi
Post a Comment