Friday, June 20, 2008
The Best Invention Since the Coffee Pot
I am a coffeeholic. The one thing I cannot live without is my coffee pot. To me is one of the best inventions EVER made. However, last night I discovered something that comes in a very close second. My husband is not one to spend money on himself. He is truly the type of person who would rather us have things and really just wants very little. The things that he does want we can't afford (like a house on the beach). So anytime I have the chance to splurge on him I just get plain giddy. He has really become a workout guru over the past 3 months. He has taken up running and body weight exercises and he has really shed some pounds. I'm so proud of him!! At the swimming pool last week one of my "pool friends" asked me if we had a Wii Fit. I went on to tell her that we did not have one, and that I have worked out for years and I really didn't think it was worth the money. (I actually thought it would be too easy for me:)) Well she works out too and told me she was so sore in muscles she didn't even know that she had. After talking with her she convinced me it was so worth it. So for a week now I have been frantically searching for my husband a Wii Fit. I thought, "What a perfect Father's Day gift." Well obviously Father's Day is here and gone, but I told him his present was on order, but we did not tell him what it was. Well yesterday I got one. We opened it up last night, and IT IS GREAT!!! So much fun. It really gets your heart to racing also, and this is coming from someone who gets around 25 miles of running in in a week. Our whole family had a ball!!!! We all laughed and laughed and laughed. I was so glad my hubby liked it! It was worth every penny. In fact, my daughter woke up at 4:00 a.m. this morning so that she could play it and not have to take turns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't wait to come over and play it!! I'm glad that you guys had fun....isn't it great to just be together like that and be laughing your heads off?? One of my fave things to do with my crew....next, why did you change your background??? I want the shoe girl back! It was SOOOOO you!! If I found a background with some bears and belles on it :) I would use it...
I can't find one. I'm so mad. Where did you order it? You guys always get stuff last. I mean like how you just got a cell phone last year.
Hello! I stumbled upon your blog thru the Beth Moore blog. Hope you don't mind me "lurking." (Yep, the blog name got me to check it out.) I thought I would comment because I noticed you are a runner. Well, me, too :) I just love to talk with other runners. It motivates me and helps me to learn from others. You should definitely blog on your running some!!
Post a Comment