Sunday, December 13, 2015

Under Attack

I really feel at this time like my family is undergoing some sort of spiritual attack by Satan. I've been thinking up until now that we were just being tested . .. that is until last night. Amanda at the LPM (Beth Moore)'s blog posted about being under attack. Here is what I commented on their post, with that sums up how life has been lately.

I can definitely see the attack of Satan on my family as well. Financially we are strained (hubby is in real estate) . . . which at times causes tension b/t he and I. I homeschool and work and I have been extremely overwhelmed.. . . more than normal. My hubby and I feel very strongly about homeschooling, so the kids going to school is not an option . .. yet b/c of our economy we really need my income (this also causes more tension b/t us). My kids even seem to be fighting more than normal.

And then. . . last night. . . after we got home from church, my 12 yo son called me in his room... he was in a pool of tears telling me he is having all of these bad thoughts about God . . . thoughts that he does not even know where they come from. . . thoughts like,"God is the one who deserves hell," or "I should die so that I can go to Hell." Bless his sweet heart . . . he said, "Mom, I'm afraid enough of dying and going to heaven. . . I certainly don't want to go to hell." He said even as the associate pastor was preaching on prayer last night he kept having these thoughts. He said he just put his face in between his legs and said, "Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."

First of all I told him He needed to pray and talk to God about it . . .b/c although God already knows all of this is going on . . . and can see what is happening in the spiritual world. . . that with Alec (my son) talking about it with the LORD, it deepens his relationship with Him. Then I told him he MUST fight Satan with God's words OUT LOUD. So last night as I myself drifted off to sleep I could hear my the voice of my boy reading God's word out loud. I know he did this for at least an hour.

I think my son is coming to an age where he can no longer live off my faith or my hubby's faith. . . his faith must be JUST that . . . his faith.

Although we have an enemy who is seeking whom he may devour. . . we have an even bigger God who is mighty to save!!!

My in-laws have been out of town for about a week. I was talking with my MIL today and just giving her a brief summary of all that is going on here. I told her I felt our family was under attack. She said she definitely knew they were under attack and so is my SIL . . . and began to tell me how.

Then, since we have been on Big Time Budget 2009 the wheel of my car messes up ($300 fix), Jon had a bad tooth (no dental insurance) that had to be pulled, Alec's wrist deformity??? Our family hardly EVER sees the doctor. . . . that is just more and more $$$ going out the door. We are faithful in our tithing (see Malachi 3:10) so I know that is NOT the issue.

Yet, all the while I have never, ever had such a hunger for God's word and to memorize His word than I do know. I'm reminding myself of what I told Alec last night, "Satan doesn't bother anyone who isn't a threat."

No comments: