Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's Just Amazing to Me How God Uses People

Last night we had a "soup social" at our church. We have this precious friend, who I think everyone needs a friend like this man in their life. . . Mr. John C. This man loves the LORD so very much. When Jon was looking for a job and we had no idea where our next paycheck was coming from, Mr. John stopped Jon while he was going up the stairs at church. . . told him he had no idea what he's going through, and then started praying over Jon right there in the midst of everyone changing from Sunday School to church.


One day he stopped me in the parking lot while we were waiting to hear about Jon's Jacksonville job. . . he asked me if Jon would want this job if he wasn't under financial pressures.. . that way he would know how to pray.


Just a precious man of God! He and his wife BOTH!!! I just love them to pieces and am so very thankful for them!!!


So. . . last night he goes up to my Jon and said, "Before you and Michele leave I need to speak with both of you".


Well, we're all about closing down the church when it comes to socials . . .hee!hee! There weren't many people tehre so we went to Mr. John. He put us both in front of him "so he could see our faces", and told us some things God had laid on his heart to tell us.


This will probably sound very self serving. Please know this is not the intent of this post. I just need to document it so I won't forget it. I also will hope it will encourage anyone who reads this blog of mine to be bold and encourage people!!! You just never know what it may do for them!


He told us that we both had a way about people. . . a very warm way of approaching people that makes people let their guard down. When people say they are 'fine' they don't really mean it and Jon and I had God-given gifts that made people feel at ease with us so they feel more "open". He said this is very rare in a married couple for both people to be this way. He told us so when we share things or tell people things and we feel rejected (you'd think he'd been reading my blog. . . wouldn't you? Thing is, he doesn't even know I have a blog).. . then they are not really rejecting us. They are rejected the truth we are sharing with them. Then, he prayed the sweetest prayer over both Jon and I . . . just praying for us as being ambassdors of Christ, of using the gifts that God Himself has given us. I was so very moved I can really hardly remember anything he said. . . probably best (that way I don't think too much of myself). . . but the Lord knows.


I really do believe that the LORD told Mr. John to say these things to Jon and I. God is doing some really remarkable things in our hearts. . . and hopefully and prayerfully some of the things He's leading us to do, we will be obedient to do. I just can't wait to share them here on my blog. . . it's not time yet though! Even just more remarkable is the power of God in Jon's life right now. It is absolutely AMAZING to me the change that has taken place in Jon. I'm more head over heels in love with him than I've ever been!


With the things to come. . . much sacrifice will be required. . . talk about losing our lives in order to gain it . . .

No comments: