It's not when I say, "Yes, sweetie" to allow Hanna and Noelle to rummage through my closet, shoes, and accessories to play dress up . . . my true self is revealed when the next day when I'm running late for a lunch date with a friend and I can't find what I had planned on wearing. I can either not hurry and stop and be thankful or throw the blame Hanna's way.
It's not that I'm going on a mission trip to Uganda. . . my true self is revealed when someone has hurt my feelings saying something negatively about me going. I can either pray for my friend and forgive them or allow my emotions and feelings to get the best of me and distance myself from them.
It's not when my sweet 9th and 10th grade girls come up to me at church to tell me something serious, silly, or just that they love me. . . my true self is revealed when someone calls me worldly because of the way I dress and I either react in kindness and turn the other cheek or I react in anger out of hurt feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment