Saturday, August 7, 2010

So This Morning . . .

Jon and I had to meet up with some of our friends. . . I love meeting up with friends, but not this morning.

Jon and I are apart of a team called, "Team Impact". We are organizing a 5K/10K and all the money will go to benefit missions.

Running - Check
Friends - Check
Missions - Check
Teamwork - Check

Trying to get sponsors? Can we uncheck that one?

Neither Jon nor I are salespeople . . . at ALL!!!

Now Doug, on the other hand, could sell ice to an Eskimo.

So, this morning I'm getting ready to meet up with "Team Impact" and I am just D-R-E-A-D-I-N-G this!!!

As I was getting ready I knew I had the wrong attitude. The LORD reminded me that. . .


***I could be getting ready to go and take care of someone who is sick.

***I could be getting ready to go visit someone in the hospital who is dying of cancer.

*** I could be getting ready for a funeral.

So. . . my attitude shifted from one of complaining (inwardly) to one of gratefulness.

Perspective . . .one little word that could totally sum up our outlook on life.

Angela H. and I pair up. Ash and Hanna go with us and, guess what?

WE HAD A GREAT TIME!!!

We did. We decided to kill several birds with one stone.

Like we went to the Sock Shoppe and shopped and asked for sponsorship.

We headed to Plant Emporium for Angela to check out some things for an upcoming wedding and asked for sponsorship.

We went to Chick-fil-A and had breakfast and . . . well, we didn't ask for sponsorship, but had a yummy breakfast.

86. For attitude adjustments.

87. For laughter.

88. For sponsors . . . hopefully.

89. For Chick-fil-A biscuits.

90. For my sweet girls.

No comments: