Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summing it up in Pictures

So little time . . . so much to say. This post could really be 4 separate posts, but I have so much to say and document (this little bloggy thing is my journal) So, I'm going to try to make this as quick as I can.

Thank you all for your sweet comments on Jon's birthday post. His day was great and around here we tend to celebrate birthdays all week long.

After he got back from his run on Tuesday the kids were anxious to give him his present from them before they left for homeschool school.

Know what they got him? 100 ink pens. He gets so frustrated because he can never find an ink pen around here, so they gave him 100 ink pens. From all of us, we chipped in and got him a Blue Ray DVD player (his eyes are in hog heaven now).

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant to have lunch. It was extra festive because of Cinco de Mayo.

Here's a pic of Jon and his sweet Dad(who is doing better, BTW, but please still keep him in your prayers)
Me and my Mexican princess.

When Jon went to the bathroom I let our waitress know it was his birthday. . . .








That night Jon's parents came over and we had birthday cake and ice cream (for dinner). Awful I know, and I feel terribly guilty . . . my kids have been feasting on junk food for way too long now. I think when they actually get a real fruit or vegetable in them . . . their little bodies may go into shock!!

Thursday we headed with some of our homeschool friends to the Renaissance Festival. We had fun. It was one of those things that you are glad you had the chance to do, but wouldn't go back. We really did have fun though.
Here is the village liar knighting Alec with a blade of grass.

This picture is just precious to me, so I had to post it. It is Hanna and her BFF, JuJu. These girls are so precious together. Notice how their arms are locked together.

Alec and Ash duked it out with pillows on the log roll. Ash won. I'm tellin' ya, she is a feisty little thing!

See the pink furry hat? That is Hanna.

Friday night Jon's parents took Jon and I, his brother Lee and Lee's wife, Amy, to a nice little place to celebrate all the May birthdays (Lee and Amy have May birthdays too). We had lots of fun and the food was wonderful. . . the company was even better.

Shoot!!! . . . I had a great picture of Lee and Amy, but I accidentally deleted it as I was typing this thing out. I haven't figured out how to get my pictures in order on this bloggy thing. Oh well. . . .
Here is a picture of the yummy cake


Mother's Day was great and I really wish I posted this one by itself. Too little time and too many words though .. . .
We all slept in our living room because it was the last night in our old house. It is really torture sleeping with the kids because you feel like knives are sticking in your back all night long. . . you are beaten and battered by their feet kicking you. . . But it was worth it . . . especially when I wake up and I hear the following:
Ashley: "Daddy, we need to go and get Mama something for Mother's Day. I'll wake up Hanna and Alec. Let's go out the backdoor so we don't wake Mama up (all our doors but our back door dings when you open them)."
I pretended to stay asleep until they left. Most women would be so mad that they waited until the last minute. This doesn't bother me at all. . . because I know they put thought into what they get for me . . . . and . . . at least they remember without me reminding them. . . . even if it is the morning of the occasion. Plus, I'm last-minute at heart too. . .
The house was quiet. I fed Max, read my Bible, and about the time I was about to get into the shower to get ready for church, my crew came barreling through the door with . . .
cookware. . . . I was so EXCITED!!! Most would think, "What in the world?" You see, I have been so excited about my new kitchen since I first laid eyes on it. When I post pictures of what I've been cooking in and what I get to cook in . . . you'll know why.
I've never really had any nice cookware. . . so my family splurged and indulged me. I couldn't wait to use it.
We went to church with Jon's mom, then took her out for lunch, then came back to the new house.

Here is a picture of my favorite Mother's Day gift E-V-E-R!!!
Three wonderful kiddos who make life so much fun!
Jon and I were beat. We were so tired the kids could have literally set the house on fire and we wouldn't have known it. Apparently Hanna played around with the camera while we were sleeping, because look what downloaded onto my computer . . .

Dog tired we were!!!
We finished up the day working on the house. Jon's parents came over with cake and ice cream. It was a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

The chocolate cake made me want to come through my computer, and I'm not even a huge chocolate fan!

Sounds like a super busy time at the High Heeled House!

PS - I love cookware, too. That's an excellent present in my book.

Tiffani said...

This was a nice all in one update!!

I have a couple of REALLY good ones of J and H at the Ren. Fest. and one of you and me too.

That cake is SOOOOO my love language you know and I would be THRILLED w/ cookware or new dishcloths, new utensils..I'm tellin' ya..that's good stuff!

Glad you guys are slowly getting settled and turning your house into home!

Anonymous said...

New cookware?! That's a mighty great present! I want to see pics of it, too, sometime.

If you aren't getting a chance to run these days, I think you'll be okay with all the running around that's going on in your life! Well, you might have to run off a little Mexican food and chocolate cake!

really.truly said...

Loved the update...I was out of breath reading it :) It all looked like fun...and the cake...yummy!!

Amber said...

My favorite...the Donald Duck shirt!!

What a busy week...but what a fun week!!

And I'm all about some cookware...even though I don't use it as often as I should (because you don't really cook Fruity Pebbles and PopTarts in fancy copper bottom sauce pans...but whatever!).

Can't wait to see the picts of the house!!! :)

Unknown said...

LOVE he last picture of you and your Mister...precious!