Saturday, May 16, 2009

Somebody . . . .

Please tell me. . .
Please help my insecure feelings of mothering 3 children . . .

And wondering how I am doing . . .

Please let me know that things like this happen in your home . . .


Wondering what I am talking about?
Scroll back up and look at Ashley's feet. The child only has 532 pair of shoes.
. . . I tried to be kind.
. . . I tried to be sympathetic.
. . . I tried to be understanding that we have been going back and forth between 2 houses for 3 weeks now.
. . . but she ALWAYS does this . . . even when we lived at one house . . . all the time. . . and life was normal . . . and not so crazy . . . and busy. . .
We took my parents out Saturday night for Mother's Day. We get to my Mama's favorite Barbecue place . . . Ash then lets all of us know she doesn't have any shoes!!!
Hello!!! The kid is 8, not 3. She does this all the time.
After we fussed at her, Jon took off his socks and threw them at her. She put them on and cried . . . .a little. . . because she was embarrased about having to wear socks instead of shoes . . . then she asked Papa if he would carry her. Thank goodness for Papa!!!
No, I promise we are not redneck. . . just a scattered-brained family of 5 who was tired . . . and hungry . . . and no longer cared what anyone thought if they saw our 8-year-old parading around in a pair of socks that were way too big for her.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love it! I have heard you mention this habit of Ash's so many times! I caught it right of the bat!

My favorite picture is the one where she is sitting with Jon and Alec and you can tell she is trying to hide her feet! She is so funny!

I know you were frustrated with her, but you will look back one day and laugh!

really.truly said...

You are a fabulous mom....it's warm out, barefooting is common, forgetting shoes happens to everyone!! Even mom. Believe me ;)

You could always keep a couple pairs of flip flops stashed in the car.

You would not believe the things that I've forgotten to wear :)And, if it makes you feel better....I heard about a mom who, last week, forgot to wear her shoes to work! She had to stop and buy a pair on her way.

Carpool Queen said...

Shoes, my nemesis. I'd keep a $5 pair of flip flops in the glove compartment at all times.

Tiffani said...

Oh girl. I feel ya. This happened to us once but we were only at Wal-Mart and I made Connor sit in the back of the buggy!

Remember what you told me about the airport? You're not laughing now but one day you will!!! :)

You are GREAT mama! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I looked down at my youngest boy's feet at swim lessons last week and he had a pair of shoes on all right. They just didn't match. Not even in the same color family.

I had told him to put his shoes on but I didn't specify that they should look alike.

Sigh.

Unknown said...

SO glad to hear this!

This has happened to us as well but nothing made me more mad-as-a-hornet, then the morning my son managed to get in the car with one ONE shoe. Oh I was so mad. Can feel my blood start to boil thinking about it!

And I am not one to get angry easily.

I feel like my mantra is "What were you thinking???"

So honey, you are not alone. This isn't a parent issue. This is a sweet scatterbrained 8 year old problem.

Lisa said...

Too funny! I am still laughing...probably more because you were so good about documenting it all....LOL...sweet Ash.

Amber said...

Dear Mama In High Heels,

Don't worry about us. We're all going to turn out alright. You see, we as a generation, despise clothing. This is why we lose our shoes on purpose, pretend like we didn't hear you say that we needed to wear clean underwear, and why we strip down and run around the house in nothing but our dirty underwear at the exact moment that company rings the doorbell.

Love,

All the kids in the world that despise wearing clothes

Nancy said...

That's ok...one time...a particular mother whose name I won't mention....didn't realize that her daughter took off her panties to go potty before we left for church....until AFTER we actually GOT to church!!! Lovely, a little 3 year old in a really cute dress.....with nothing to cover her "stuff". I thought for sure I would get a knock on the door from CPS before the day was over!!