Okay . . .this Saturday my dad and my aunts are throwing my grandparents a 60th anniversary shin-dig. I have NO idea what to get them!!!
So, any ideas out there?
Honestly I don't want to spend a lot of money and I don't have a lot of time to make them something thoughtful. Tough one, huh?
If it requires ordering something I don't have a lot of time.
Usually I do wait until the last minute. However, stuff like that runs through my blood. Know when I found out about this shin-dig? Friday afternoon. I barely had a week to get something together. We are moving, packing, unpacking. . . trying to manage 3 children . . . blah!blah!blah! Therefore, all of my brain cells, creativeness, thoughtfulness are sleeping right now.
Please help a sista out and throw LOTS of ideas at me.
Thanks y'all!
12 comments:
Framed photo of your family with a framed letter beside it that talks about how their love for each other has created love within your family.
You should be able to get a double frame at Michaels.
A memory book filled with tons of pictures.
Why don't you write them a letter telling them what they mean to you.
Or maybe a digital photo frame filled with pics of ALL their family members.
My experience has been that the older my grandparents get, the less they care about "stuff". So maybe even something like a donation in their name to their church or something.
Oh...just thought of this. J's grandmother enjoyed having the Bible on cd so she could listen to it when her eyes were failing.
Do they have a favorite restaurant? I know...unoriginal, but a gift certificate is so easy and fast when your hands are full...along with a framed pic?
I like the digital photo frame myself! Also, many newspapers have special sections for announcements of anniversaries...perhaps that would be something nice. Or, maybe a gift card to an "out of the way" place that has a romantic flare.
Someone gave my inlaws a helicopter ride for their 50th! They seemed to really enjoy it!
Anyway...good luck and let us know what you decided on!
Love those ideas. I was thinking that you could also/or do a large planter with flowers in it.
Could you quickly throw together a basket with their favorite foods...maybe too much work? Let us know what you decide.
You can make those digital scrabooks online and have them printed at WalGreens or WalMart in just a day or two. LOVE THOSE.
BUT I LOVE THE IDEA OF LETTERS. Perfect gift. Each one of you could write a special letter and you could put them in some type of scrapbook or journal.
I'm with Mer. It isn't about gifts and money spent. It is just about family.
okay - here's what I did for my mom and my mother-in-law for their 60th BIRTHDAYS [not the same, I know], but I got $60 in $5 bills [so a dozen ;)] and tissue paper and chenille pipe cleaners, and I made them a "dozen roses," each one with a $5 bill in the center. I then wrapped it in green tissue at the base of the pipe cleaners and wrapped with a ribbon so it looked like a really cool bouquet. I wish I could post a photo here... It looked really nice. Both of them [two years apart] told me they kept it intact for weeks before taking it apart.
Then they could go out to dinner or something.
Just an idea!!! :D
i sent you a photo of the one i did in 2004 to the email you have linked to your profile
I think if you could come up with a picture of you and Melissa or a picture of all the great grandkids, put in a nice frame would make a very nice gift. Also a sweet card telling both of them how much they mean to you. Special words go a long way.
Love ya,
Mama
Gosh..so many good ideas already!!
I like the idea of the double frame and the letter..you could do that quickly and easily..
Do they have a fave place to eat out?? Gift certificate?
Gift certificates to restaurants, grocery store, gas station, cleaning services, yard services, handyman. (some of these you could volunteer your time)
A basket of goodies with tuna, soups, coffee, tea, crackers, fruit,etc
Post a Comment