Friday, May 8, 2009

Girls, Girls, Girls

Two Fridays ago I took Ash and went with some of my girlfriends and their daughters to dinner and a movie. We had a GREAT time!!!! I knew it would be so cool for Ash to go out with some of her Mom's friends and their girls (whom she is friends with also).

All these Yo-Yo's piled in "Noah's Ark," which was an awful mess. I made them promise me they wouldn't tell a soul how messy our car was. You guys know I got a picture, but I don't know if my friends would care whether or not their girl's picture was on the Internet, so I wanna be respectful and all. It is a cute picture though.

We went to see the Hanna Montana movie. I've never been a big Hanna Montana fan, but then we don't watch a whole lot of TV either. I have to say this movie was GREAT! I would actually rather my kids see this movie than High School Musical. It had a lot of great truth in it. We will definitely buy it when it comes on DVD.

Ash sat down on the other end from me with her friends. There was one part in the movie where Miley was remembering her mother. She is looking a picture of she and her mother when she was little. Her Grandmother walks in the room and they talk about her Mom. Ash came all the way down the aisle and sat in my lap. I knew what was going on in the heart and mind of my "Mama's girl." She had such compassion for this girl in the movie who was missing her Mom. Such a sweet moment it was.

Thanks Yo-Yos for such a fun, fun night!!!

On Tuesday I headed out for a girls' lunch with my Hanna Boo. I am not a fan of Chinese food. Always loved it until I got preggo with Hanna. My family will go out and eat it when I'm not around. Since being preggo with Hanna I have lost my love for Chinese food and all its MSG.

Hanna begged me to take her out for Chinese. I teased her and told her since she was the one who made me not like it, maybe she'd be the one who'd help me like it again.

This little girl was so giddy and jolly and peppy . . . even one of the waiters said, "She likes to come and eat Chinese, no? She happy to be here."

It was actually pretty good. I enjoyed being with this sweet thing much more though.
I just love being a Mom . . . the good, the bad, and the ugly. I wouldn't have it any other way. The one-on-one time I've had with each of my kids lately has been just plain wonderful!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hanna is a doll!

Having girls is so fun. I love girls nights with my Girl.

We saw the Hannah Montana movie as well and I am with you, it was so much better than the HSM movies (especially the third one).

Farming On Faith said...

Cherish each and every moment. It goes so fast and then you walk her down the isle!
Blessings~

Carpool Queen said...

Chinese is not my favorite either, unless it's PF Changs (hello, lettuce wraps!).

Tiffani said...

What a special day! You just tell that Hanna Boo that the next time she wants to eat Chinese Aunt Tiff will take her! I love it!

I am already planning our next "date" with each of my kiddos...it's just so fun!

Lindsay said...

Such cutie pies! :) Your girls will look back and remember these special dates with you - that alone is priceless!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had fun! Hanna is getting so big!

I took my Bethy to see Hannah Montana too. We enjoyed it...I even shed a tear or two!

Glad you got some one on one with each of your children!

Amber said...

I'm not a Chinese food girl either...but it looks like your company totally outweighed the eggrolls!!!

Sounds like a blast.

Kind of ashamed to admit that I watch Hannah Montana...when there are no children present in the room. I'm a 10 year old in a 30 something body. Go figure.

really.truly said...

That is so sweet. I love how jolly you said she was. She probably loved that special date with you. You all seem to be having such fun on your one on one time....it's so sweet!