
In honor of Mother's Day I am going to tell 10 things I love most about my Mom.
1. She will drop anything and everything to help me out. If I am sick she will take the day off work and come and take care of me. Not only will she come and take care of me she will clean my house, fold my laundry, and cook a good ole' Southern meal for us. If I ever need her to keep my kids she will take the day off work . . . even if it is just for me to play and have some fun.
2. She is so much fun!!!! She makes me laugh and I just really love her company. She's the type of Mom that I am glad my friends know. She's so much fun to just hang out with.
3. She is a worker bee, and I'm so glad to be apart of her hive. She is such an awesome example of serving others. She works nonstop and constantly. Wonder where I get this from? Thank you Mama!!
4. She's a giver. I've told the story on here before about how we didn't have very much money growing up. One time she bought a complete stranger's lunch for him at KFC. This was not a one-time, isolated incident. She's done so many other caring and thoughtful things. She won't let me tell though 'cause she likes to not let her right hand know what her left is doing (Matthew 6:3).
5. She is the world's greatest Nanna. I'm not being cheesy here, trying to sound like a statue I bought as a souvenir on vacation. She really is. Other than Jon and myself, I don't know of anyone else in the whole wide world who loves my kids more than my Mom does. She loves them with such a very special, indescribable love. No one loves them like their Nanna. She's so funny. After I had Hanna is when she changed the spelling of Nana to Nanna . . . just like her Hanna.
6. She is my biggest cheerleader. She is always the first person I want to call when something exciting is going on!!! I know I will always have her excitement and encouragement.
7. She shoots it straight. You never have to know what Mama is thinking 'cause she'll tell ya! She's honest too! These are all good things that I really appreciate about her.
8. She is the BEST cook in the whole world. Mama's house is my very favorite place to eat!!!
9. She always puts family first, ALWAYS!!! No one messes with her family . . . . she will get them if they do! She'll protect us, fight for us, and defend us all the way 'til the end.
10. Even though I know she wishes she could 'turn back the hands of time' and do things differently when we were children, I still admire her very much. I know she did the very best she could with what she had. She's a survivor!!!! She's one of my biggest heroes, and I don't know what I'd ever do without her. In my eyes she is the best Mom ever. I'm so very glad she's mine!!!
I love you Mama. I hope your Mother's Day is great. I can't wait to start putting some elbow grease into your house. It will be lots of work done with lots of love from people who love you lots!!!!
There is nothing in this world like being a Mom or having a Mom. Mother's are a special gift from God. I think no matter how old we get we always need our Mamas. I'm so very blessed to have one who loves with me a fierce, unconditional, uncompromising, self-sacrificing love!!! Thank you Lord for my Mama!!
10 comments:
Your mom and my mom should hang out! That is if the world could stand that much greatness in one room! Happy Mother's Day!
Very, very sweet, Michele. I hope you get to spend some time with your mama today!
(By the way, my computer has been kicking me out of your blog lately. I've read your posts but when I come to comment my browser shuts down. I don't have any idea why, but I'm hoping this comment reaches you. It seems to be working today. My computer did this once before with another friend's blog...shortly before the hard drive crashed. I'm praying that's not the problem this time!)
I loved reading this because I KNOW Nanna and I love her so much too!!
You know I am still waiting on her to officially adopt me...
(ahem, Nanna I know you'll read this..so, I'm waiting...)
She makes me laugh and I love it when I am blessed to be around her too! You are more like her than you know, Michele!
I love you, my dear friend, and you inspire me as a mother each and every day. Hope your day is fabulous!
Happy Mother's Day...Hope it's Perfect!
Your mom sounds wonderful, indeed. And I hear that from big oak trees little acorns come, so I wouldn't be surprised to know that you're a lot like her. ENjoy your day.
What a beautiful post to your mom~I hope she gets to read this today!
Your mom sounds fabulous! And a fabulous Grandma too. Oh what a blessing she must be to you...and how proud of you she must be. You are a great mom too and obviously have learned from one of the best!
Happy Mother's day!
I love moms who are honest and tell you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear. And moms who set the example. I've got a LONG way to go to equal mine.
Michele,
This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about me. I am so blessed and thankful God gave you to me. I am sitting here crying about all the sweet things you said. You can never know how happy you and your family have made me. I love you so very much. Thanks for these sweet, precious thoughts. Love, Mama
Great moms are such a blessing! I am blessed, too!!
Happy Mother's Day to you...and your really awesometastic mom!
Post a Comment