Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Warrior

The weekends around here are always buzzing with activity, and if they not, I find that I create activity. I'm just one of those people who can't sit still . . . whether that is good or bad, I'm still trying to figure it out. . .

- 3 weekends ago I was at a swim meet with my very favorite "Michael Phelps." Alec and I just went ourselves. Ash had a soccer game, so Jon stayed back home with the girls. He and I had a great time together and I enjoyed our time just the 2 of us. This meet was so much better than this meet, as it was not as overwhelming. . . . a little more laid back. I was also very proud of Alec!






-2 weekends ago the only thing we had going on was a soccer game, so I took a break from the "weekend warrior" project I had going on that weekend to so see Ash and her team play our rival. Wanna know what my project was? Scrapbooking. I got 3 new cartridges for my Cricut for Christmas, and I was finally able to use them. Last January of 2008 I had planned on printing my pictures out at the end of every month and scrappin' them . . . never got to it. I printed the first few months out . . . yet never scrapped them. SO this year I've been more determined that ever to do this . . . I got all my pics from January and February scrapped! Here are a few of the pages I finished. The girls also scrapped and played with the Cricut.







-This past weekend I bought this . . .

Yes, a steamer. We've had LOTS of people tell us that if you have pets inside a steamer is a MUST! We were getting pretty tired of the way the house is starting to smell. When Max has had accidents we have been "johnny on the spot" to scrub them with soap and water. It just is NOT taking care of the smell . . . so, we splurged and I'm so glad we did . . . especially after seeing the filth that comes up . . .

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to be more deliberate about spending individual time with each of the kids. I'm glad you and your mini Phelps had some time together.

Wow! Scrapbooking's changed since I did it last! I didn't think it was that long ago, but I don't even know what a Cricut is! Your pages look amazing, so Cricuts must be very handy to have.

Tiffani said...

OH, how I love your pages!!! I scrapped our night too and my title was "a night of worship"!! I hope we can plan a day soon to do it together!!!

So glad you got time w/ Alec and a steamer! Mama Lou has one and I used to LOVE to borrow it at the old house!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I LOVE your pages. I want a Cricut almost as bad as Tif wanted that Keurig. Almost. :)

I should probably invest in a steamer. Seeing that filth is very convincing.

really.truly said...

The swimming pictures are so neat. And the steamer....I almost bought one this weekend too. I need one for our furniture though, hard to find.

You were a scrapbooking dynamo. The pages look wonderful!!

I just did a little shout out to your BFF on my blog(check it out when you can);)

Unknown said...

Wow! You are an amazing scrapper!

And I was just telling The Mister that I might have to go buy ourselves a steamer! The carpets are driving me crazy!