I came home and told my sister this story, and she laughed and laughed. During our conversation I told her, "Oh no. They are going to know all I am is just a dressed up red neck. Melissa said, "Yes, you're a DURN."
This Christmas, as a gag gift, Melissa even bought me all 3 Ernest goes to Jail, Camp, and Africa movies.
Well, of course when we got the dates of the play, we all knew we had to go and see it. After all, I needed to be educated in something other than red neck.
Saturday night these girls and I got together for dinner and to see the play. Then afterwards we headed to this neat coffeehouse.
Y'all I laughed so much, and so hard. After the week I'd had I really needed some good belly laughs. After all Proverbs says, "A cheery heart doeth like good medicine." Yes, being out with these ladies was medicine for my soul.
At the coffee house we all got a little silly and started playing instruments. It's a 2-story coffeehouse and all of the "young ones" were upstairs playing pin pong. I know they thought we were a bunch of silly old ladies. Suzanne appropriately named our group that night, "The Real Housewives of _____ County."
Here are Pam and Terri looking all dignified while they wait for their coffee
Suzanne is one of the funniest people I know. She CRACKS-ME-UP all the time!
Here's Terri playing the guitar
Check out Pam, a Real Housewife of _____ County
Christen and Liz were getting silly with their whip cream from their hot chocolate. Oh my goodness I had a sip of Christen's. It was so good, literally like a liquid candy bar.
Doesn't it look just so yummy?
Here I am meeting up with them at the beginning of night for dinner
Here I am talking to Pam. I had to post this picture because I know I've mentioned on my blog that for some strange reason if my mouth is moving then so are my hands. I just can't talk without them.
We all had an amazing dinner. This is one of the best eating places in our town.
Here is Silly Suzanne looking serious. Don't let her fool ya! She's not all as serious as she is looking in this picture. I think I was laughing at her while she was posing.
Kathy and Suzanne - I love this picture of them. They are so pretty!!!
Our tickets got to us a little late, so we were a tad bit late for the play. We had to book-it and book-it big time. Pam got on this kick where she had us laughing b/c she'd pose like the teenagers do . . . with the peace-out sign and lips poked out.
Christen and Liz hurrying to the van. See me on the side . . . . laughing. . . I'm tellin' ya, I laughed all night long!!




4 comments:
so glad that you know the difference between Ernest and The Importance of Being EARNEST :)...so glad you had such a wonderful night out after such a long exhausting week....
YOU DESERVED IT!!!
OH my gosh...I laughed so hard at that Ernest comment, especially when you said, "how redneck of me!" hilarious!
I'm so glad you had fun...it looks like ya'll laughed and enjoyed the night.
The story about Ernest(or, Earnest).....so funny! It looks like you were out with a fun group of ladies. Anytime you get to belly laugh..well, that's a great thing. Truly, the best medicine!
I'm glad you had such a fun night after such a hectic week!
Girl!!! I love you like crazy! I had so much fun that night and I can't wait to do it again! I truly feel like my life has been blessed because you and your family have become part of it.
Post a Comment