Monday, March 16, 2009

Note to Self

Last week when I took the kiddibos to eat pizza I had a salad that had some Parmesan cheese on it. It was super-yummy!! While the kids were finishing up I went to pay. The cash register is by this bar area, and I noticed this guy staring at me with this really odd smile on his face.

I thought, "Why is he smiling at me that way?"

I politely smiled back and turned my head back to the cashier. As I turned to walk towards the kids I caught him still staring at me and smiling with the goofiest smile. I thought to myself, "What is this guy's deal?"

We all went outside and piled in Noah's Ark. I pulled my mirror down to put on some lip gloss.

Guess what was on the side of my face? A piece of the Parmesan cheese.

Guess what it looked like? . . .
Parmesan cheese . . . NO!
A piece of lettuce . . . NO!
A small bit of salad dressing. . . NO!
A small piece of a walnut . . . NO!

It looked like . . . A BOOGER!! Of all things, a BOOGER!!! I was mortified. Now I knew why that guy was smiling so goofy at me.

You all know I haven't been myself lately with all that has been going on . . . but if I would have been myself, I would have told all the kids, "Come on. We're going back inside." I would have found that guy and showed him it was NOT a booger, and it was a piece of Parmesan cheese.

Lesson learned . . . ALWAYS, ALWAYS wipe my napkin around my mouth after eating!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! I love it....at least it gives you something to laugh at even if it is YOU! I love ya!

really.truly said...

Oh, that is priceless. I love how you would have normally gone back in to show him. You crack me up! Here is this beautiful mom, maybe even in her high heels....with a booger on her face.

My MIL was once at a hotel, thinking she looked all glamorous in her fur coat(back in the '80's).As she was walking down this winding stair case, everyone was staring at her...because she had trailed toilet paper a very long distance from the bathroom. Reminds me of a Carrol Burnett episode!

You are too cute!

Stephanie Elder said...

Bah-hahahaha! You just made my day! I love you Michele!

Lindsay said...

Hahahaha!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Tiffani said...

Too funny. Connor would've gladly stated "hey Mom, it looks like a booger on your face!" Where are the kids when ya need 'em????

Christy Laster said...

i hear ya, tiffani! most of my kiddos (or my sweet husband) doesn't notice things like that and you would think they would!!

LOL...i got such a great laugh reading this. it reminded me of that sign in the bathroom at moes that says something like checking your teeth for cilantro. :D

love ya girl!! i'm enjoying going back whenever i get a minute and reading your older blogs. you are a sweetheart and i'm so thankful to be included in your circle of friends! :)

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hate it when things like that happen! And for the record, if we ever have the privilege to share a meal together, i would TOTALLY tell you that you had cheese on your face!
As long as you promis to tell me I have spinach in my teeth!

Heather said...

That is too funny! I need to get caught up on your blog...I have been blog lazy lately!
And yes, Connor's b-day is May 21 and Avery Kate's due date is May 27th!!!! WHOA! I just hope they don't share the exact same b-day. But if they do it will be okay...God is in control. Hope you have a great week!