Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Interview with Mom

I got this meme from my bloggy friend, Nancy. Kids are honest. What do your kids have to say about you? Ask your child(ren) the following questions, and post their answers, even if you don't like them.

Alec's answers are in blue.
Ashley's answers are in red.
Hanna's answers are in pink


1. What is something your mom always says to you?
Go do your Math.
I know as much as you know.
I love you.


2. What makes your mom happy?
When we give her stuff
To see us playing and not arguing.
For us to get along with each other


3. What makes your mom sad?
When we get in trouble.
To see me and Alec fight.
For people to cry.


4. How does your mom make you laugh?
When she gets things wrong.
When she tickles me in my armpit
Being funny.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don't know.
She was red-headed, and she couldn't stand it.
I don't know that answer.

6. How old is your mom?
30-something
32
32
(Ashley and Hanna got it)

7. How tall is your mom?
5'8"
5'8"
2 foot 9
(Alec and Ash got it on the nose)

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Scrapbook
Get in the bed, snuggle up, and read WITHOUT interuptions
Play with us.


9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Read
Read a book, sleep in, do her work
Do her Bible study, and she doesn't even tell us.


10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Best teacher.
Us.
The President.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Scrapbooking and sewing.
Typing
Typing.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Remebering things or getting to places on time
Holding her temper
Working.


13. What does your mom do for a job?
Transcriptionst and real estate agent
Types
types for doctors.

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
salad
salad
soup.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
she takes us lots of places
that she does a lot of things for us
for her not liking to work.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Cinderella
Cinderella
Jimmy Neutron.
(I say ElastiGirl from The Incredibles . . . b/c she's stretched in so many places.)

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Go to swim practice
We go on a girl's date or sometimes we kiss and hug one another.
Take naps.


18. How are you and your mom the same?
Both are the first born
We look alike, which aggravates me to death
We like to take naps.

19. How are you and your mom different?
I'm a boy. She's a girl.
She likes for us to be alike, but I can't stand for people to say I look like her.
Our hairdo because I have curly hair and mom has straight.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
She takes us places.
She sacrifices for us.
Hugs and Kisses.

21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
He's funny
He is her one and only husband b/c she can only have one husband.
Daddy kisses on her.

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
the beach
home
out to eat.


If you're reading this...consider yourself tagged!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley's answer to number 10 made me weepy...what a legacy we will leave if only we'll remember that is the TRUTH!

Lisa said...

Oh chele....how sweet! Just remember all those sweet things when your at your breaking point! That is just too sweet!

Lindsay said...

That is so cute!!! :) I love it!!!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I really want to do this too! I loved reading your kids' honest, thoughtful answers!

Tiffani said...

This is soo funny and heartwarming.

Because I know you guys personally all the answers were soo indicative of their personalities.

Alec's were very straightforward and when he said "when she gets something wrong"...I 'bout died b/c I know him ;)

Ashley's were wordy and sweet--just like you

Hanna's were honest and simple--just like Jon

I may have to do this myself. This one will be great to have for many years to come!

Julie said...

This is precious! I agree with Tiff...each child's personality definitely shows! I will do this too!

really.truly said...

I loved reading this, so fun. It's so cute to see how they view things. #1-cracked me up,#2 and ##-sounds like me. Such a sweet post.

Anonymous said...

I came over from Meredith's blog. I think my favorite is "He's her one and only husband b/c she can only have one husband." Great stuff!

And I wholeheartedly agree with Kellie's comment.

Nancy said...

Don't you just love it!!! Their answers are precious! This is why I love being a mom!!

Christy Laster said...

why doesn't ash wanna be like you?? you are AMAZING!! i can understand her wanting to be her own person...and at the same time, i hope she really comes to appreciate what a WONDERFUL mom and role-model she has in you!!