- Ash had an orthodontist appointment and looks absolutely precious in her green and pink bands. Her teeth look amazing, and I thanked her orthodontist from the bottom of my heart. A few weeks ago a complete stranger looked at her and said, "You have a beautiful smile." My little girl lit up like a bright moon on a clear summer's night.
- I took my kiddibos to lunch at our favorite pizza place.
- I went into the office today. Because I don't go in that much everyone always acts so happy to see me. It makes me feel so good!!!
- I went and bought a new blender. I don't know how old ours is. Jon had it before we got married. I was trying to make homemade hummus the day before and our blender was just about dead.
- I spent the afternoon with my MIL and FIL and some of their dear sweet friends came over. It was such a blessed time. My FIL went outside for a little bit. His color is much better and his eyes are much brighter. He is just a precious, precious person. I am so honored to be apart of his family. My FIL would tell me several times how much he loved all of us. My MIL looked beautiful as always. She had her hair and makeup on and I know that made her feel better.
- We headed out to be in the warm sunshine and watch Ash and her precious teammates practice soccer. I enjoyed being with my soccer mom friends. Suzanne always make me laugh like CRAZY!!! She even had Alec giggling.
- After soccer practice the kids and I headed to Wal-Mart to pick up a prescription for my FIL, then took it to them. Our "Truvy", a sweet lady I call my friend, was staying late at her beauty shop and going to wash and cut Jim's hair for him. I love small town life!!!
When I got home and walked in the door I smelled this glorious smell . . . you know what it was? Pot roast, potatoes, carrots, rolls, and this chocolate drizzle cake (that is Jon's favorite).
My sweet, precious, and dear friend Lisa, emailed me the other day and INSISTED on doing something for me. You see, I'm one of these independent types. I don't try to be. . . . honestly. . . it is just who I am (ask my mom or my sisters). Several friends have called, emailed, and facebooked me and told me they were here if I needed them, to just let them know. Lisa knows me very well though. I just don't really ask for help unless I'm absolutely desperate. She was one of my first friends when we moved here 10 years ago. She told me she was bringing me dinner no matter what, and it would really just be best if I told her what day. She was NOT taking "No" for an answer.
She keeps saying it was a small gesture. . . no way. . . it spoke more volumes than she can ever know. To be up since 3:30 yesterday morning and run, run, run all day and to come home at 8:00 at night and wonder what your family is going to eat that is even remotely healthy. . . and to have dinner waiting on us . . . a true blessing!!! So much, in fact, that when we were wrapping up our bedtime prayers, after Jon finished praying, Ash said, "Wait, Wait, and Lord please bless Mr. Tim, Ms. Lisa, Tucker, Cooper, and Sarah Anne, and thank you for letting them bring us dinner."
I would be tempted to say that girl was just glad she got bread and cake with her dinner (I NEVER have bread or dessert with dinner). . . . but not so, I know her sweet heart. She sees her mom when I'm crying, when I'm solemn, when I'm busy, when I'm laughing, when I'm rushing, and when I'm praying. She knows how hard these last few weeks have been and what a blessing it was that I didn't have to cook.
Lisa, your generosity moved me to tears. You freed me up from one less thing to do, and I don't even have words to tell you how much your thoughtfulness means to me. You are so dear to me, and I'm so glad God brought us together as "family," you know the kind you get to chose (as the magnet on your fridge says). Your sweet words I have read over and over again. Thank you again for being so very thoughtful and for blessing my family in ways that have touched all of us deeply. I love you girl!
3 comments:
The joy this day brought you clearly shines through in your post! Yeah! I'm so happy for you....and so jealous about the meal you got-yum.
Seriously, that was just so darn sweet of her. It has reminded me to do that more often for those I know are having a rough time,day,month...whatever.
It sounds like your FIL is thriving at home. A joyful heart IS good medicine!!
I know that meant a lot to you. And, I agree. You have a hard time accepting help ;)...am I gonna just have to be forceful too??
I am continuing to lift up your family and I'm hoping that my friend's "spark" comes back soon. I miss you and I love you so much.
Hey... thanks for saying hi! Where did you find my blog on LPM? Just wondering... Thanks for your kind words! H
Post a Comment