Saturday morning we woke up and it was cold and rainy. We were supposed to run in a race, but I don't do cold and I certainly don't do rainy. I always tell my kids that I can't get wet because I am so sweet and sugar melts in the rain:) In an effort to be a "fun wife" we went and I did so with a smile on my face. It was so cold out there I was visibly shaking. The race was a trail run which we've never done before. My time was not as good as I like for it to be. However, I did place 3rd overall female and 1st in my age group. I won this cute hat and a medal. After the race I gave the hat to Jon. Jon placed 2nd in his age group and won a medal. He finished like 3 minutes faster than me. Normally it is only like a minute and a half, but I'm telling you this race was HARD! In fact during the run this man was passing me and I shouted out to him, "I'm ready for this race to be over with!" As always my very favorite part of the race is when I am nearing the finish line and hearing Jon cheer me on. I teased him and told him that is why I always let him win so I can hear him cheering me on *wink*,*wink*.
We then went to his mom and dad's house and watched part of the GA/AU game. We had to leave early because we needed to get ready for a fun night out with some friends of ours.
We picked up Tim and Julie for a double date and headed to Longhorn - YUMMY!!! We intentionally left pretty early thinking we would avoid a long wait - NOT SO! We had to wait almost an hour. That was okay though because we were having fun, although our tummies were so incredibly hungry. We had a great night. We got back to their house and the guys played some football game on PlayStation 2 and Julie and I got to have some girl talk! Thanks for such a fun night Julie and Tim! I can't wait until next time.
Sunday I went to my mom's house for lunch and I hung out there for most of the day. Jon debated going, but the Falcons were playing, so he decided to stay home. I love going home! We had grilled chicken, baked beans, roasted potatoes, garlic bread, and Amish friendship bread. Oh man! My mom can cook!!! Unfortunately I did not pick up these skills from her:( After lunch Hanna Boo wanted to have a tea party. My dad went and got a table and put it in the yard for her because that is where she wanted to have the tea party. The tea pot and cookies were on the porch. I told Hanna that she needed to be a good hostess and go get the tea pot and cookies and serve her "tea party" guests. She informed me that this was a "tea party buffet" and we were to go and get our own!! Typical Hanna Boo.
After stuffing myself with my mama's good cooking and filling myself to the brim at Longhorn Saturday night I have to tell ya, my jeans are way too tight!!! But so totally worth it to be with great friends and great family! Now . . . I'm off to workout so hopefully I can fit into my jeans comfortably today:)
5 comments:
You are just so darn cute! I can tell you are just as pretty on the inside too.
You and Jon are so cute!
Glad you had a fun weekend. I'm jealous that you live close enough to let your parents keeps your kids! But so happy for you and your children...such a great way for them to grow up.
OH, that Hanna Boo...I'm with her...she should've said "uh-uh, I have to walk over there, and get stuff and bring it...You can have a coke!" RUDE!!
Sounds like y'all had fun and we'll have to ditch the kiddos when Adam gets home and a double date too, k??
Looks like a super fun weekend and I'm ALWAYS proud of hearing about your races...that's my girl!!!
We had such a good time, girl! I can't wait to get together again!
That Hanna is too funny!
I always wondered who took your pics after the races until you told me your secret...was this a trash can pic too??? :)
You are too cute! Love the race photo!
Post a Comment