Thursday, November 6, 2008

What Moves You?

It doesn't take much to move my heart strings. In fact, my husband says I am quite "the sap." I don't know of many things that move my heart more than when I walk in my bedroom and see my husband on his knees praying, or when I saw him the other day get his Bible and read a few verses of scripture during the course of us watching the election results. He had several weeks when he had to go out of town and was home on the weekends, and my heart certainly did a hop, skip, and a jump when he grabbed his Bible on the way out the door.


My heart was so moved the other day that I felt like an earthquake was going on inside my chest. Jon was truly hurting for his best friend who is pretty much an atheist. They were talking political talk and his friend said that he had gotten more morally conservative as he has gotten older, but he would never be as morally conservative as Jon because of the "religion thing." Jon told him not to say that because he never knew. His best friend was emphatic he WOULD NOT go the "religious route." Sad thing is, his friend doesn't get it, it's not about religion, but R-E-L-A-T-I-O-N-S-H-I-P. Jon was so troubled and with sadness in his eyes looked at me and said, "How do you witness to someone like that?" Oh my precious, precious husband whom I certainly don't deserve!!! Talk about moving someone!

Does he pray out loud in Sunday School? Not on your life.


One time in Sunday School when he thought the Sunday School teacher was asking him to pray instead of another John, did he look at me with an expression in his eyes that said "HELP"? Oh Yeah!!!!!


Did he bless the food the other day when a bunch of our friends were over for a football party? No way, Jose! He asked someone else to do it.


When our church voted in our new pastor, did he seriously consider going to talk to him and say, "Don't call on me to pray on Wednesday nights." Yeah, he did consider it, but never did.


When he was asked to lead up the Sports Ministry at church, did he make sure there would be someone there he could call on to pray so he would not have to do it out loud? You betcha ya!


Does he love the Lord? With all his heart.


I think it is so amazing that God created me in such a way that when my husband loves Jesus more, then I naturally fall more and more in love with him. I just can't help it! I'm already head-over-heels in love with the man, but boy when I see him seeking God, I just fall that much more head-over-"high"heels in love with him.


So, that is one thing of the many things that move my heart. What about any of you? I would love to know what moves your heart - one thing or many things!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Michele, you are so blessed to have Jon as your husband. I was just reading Ephesians 5 this morning in my quiet time and sounds like you both are right in line with God's Word!

Tiffani said...

Oh, that's such a beautiful post!

I, too, am moved when I see my husband seeking the Lord. Leading us as a family in the ways of the Lord and growing spirtually each and every day. He moves me also by his faithfulness to be more than average to us...doing things other Dads may consider not doing..sharing in homeschool, helping out at home, and his love/relationship for and with our kids is especially moving too.

Other things that move me:

When people (including you) go out of their way to comfort, encourage and just be thoughtful to someone else--selflessness moves me (not b/c I am good at it but b/c I WANT to be better and I'm always inspired to "pay it forward" so to speak)

When my kids recognize or say something about the character of God. Seeing that realization in them about His majesty, sovereignty, mercy and goodness without being prompted--yes, it moves me deeply.

Lastly, music moves me. It truly speaks to me in ways that allow me to worship, smile, sulk :), relax or whatever--shake my groove thang, even...sometimes it's just the music of a song or sometimes it's the lyrics that can move me...mostly it's all of it.

Heather said...

Oh, Michele...I love this post! I agree- it moves my heart so much to see my husband and/or son seeking Jesus. What a blessing you have! It also moves my heart to see parents loving their kids with their actions...elderly couples holding hands in church or the grocery store...and even when little ones show compassion because they have been shown that Christ-like example.
Thanks for sharing this...I just love you to death~!

Elaine said...

I had to come check out your blog after reading your funny story on Beth Moore's site. I laughed so hard I almost went into labor. I did the same thing the other day, except I only have one child (and one on the way) and I ate a whole bucket of halloween candy. You have a cute family and seem like an awesome mom. I am at makingmemoriesonedayatatime.blogspot.com
Thanks for the laugh!
Elaine

Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog. I'm sitting in my office crying. Thanks alot!!! They way you speak of your relationship with Jon is inspiring.
Sometimes we lose focus on our love for each other and get wrapped up in our busy schedule. I am moved that my husband always wants to give me a hug. This doesn't sound like alot, but I can be pretty grouchy by the end of the day. He is persistent and makes sure he puts his arms around me and tells me that he loves me.
I can't write anymore. I'm at my computer crying! Great questions though, makes you stop and think about the small things.