My Ashley is one of the sweetest people I have ever known in my life. Talk aoubt a giver!!! She teaches me all the time about selfless giving. I always joke around and say Ash is the type of girl who would give you her coat in freezing cold weather. Well the weather was really cold. Ash's costume was sleeveless and she did have her coat on. However, Hanna got very cold and was not feeling well. Ashley told her she could have her coat - Sweet thing!!!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
A Happy Halloween
We could not get our Halloween plans finalized. We were going to go to a shopping center and go trick-or-treating, then we thought we would just go to Jon's parents house and go around their neighborhood. Well, at the last minute we decided to just trick-or-treat around our neighborhood. We live in a great neighborhood, so I don't even know why we felt the need to go somewhere else. Alec dressed up as "Proteus, The Roman Guard" (something he made up). Hanna Boo was Ariel and Ash was Gabriella. Although the weather was so warm here during the day and Jon was wearing shorts, the nighttime was quite cold. By the end of the night our fingertips were numb.
Jon is a very funny guy. He grabbed some Pop Rocks before we left the house and kept coming up to me opening his mouth so I could hear them "pop." I got so tickled at him. I told him he was like a big kid. Then he reminded me that he had on a Mickey Mouse shirt. Big kid he definitely is!!!
I went dressed up as a "stay-at-home mom." It was great. No makeup, no uncomfortable clothes or shoes. Just comfy!!!
Tiffani and her crew met up with us and trick or treated. Here are JuJu and Hanna checking out their candy. It reminded me of "It's a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" when the children would all look and see what candy they got after each house. I am happy to say none of the children got rocks:)
Everyone knows the best part of trick-or-treating is coming home, emptying your bucket, and checking out all your candy. Ash was actually picking out all of the candy she could not eat because of her braces. Alec was so sweet he started giving her his candy that she could eat. Talk about a bloggable moment!!!
Here again is everyone going through their yummy candy. Help!!! I have to get this stuff out of my house or the next time I blog I will be 10 pounds heavier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was a fun night and I'm glad that we got to be included!!
Go back and look at your funny...one of the pictures said Jon was getting something out of the candy "bowel"....I was cracking up!
I'm about to start doing a 28 fling boogie and everyday throw 28 pieces of candy in the trash!
Oh Melissa's comment is hysterical...except I only through out "yucky" candy: smarties, sweetarts, gummy ANYTHING, suckers, etc...I KEEP CHOCOLATE and when I'm having a freakout Mommy moment in December..I remember that sweet orange bowl in top of the pantry!!
The pop rocks made me laugh, and how sweet that your kids share with each other. They have big, tender hearts, don't they?
Post a Comment