Today, my dear friend, Lisa, and I had lunch at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. When we moved here almost 10 years ago, Lisa was one of my very first friends. We met at church, and then soon discovered we lived right down the road from one another. In the early days, when Alec was a year old, Lisa would come over to my place and we would Tae Bo together. We would get so tickled, because there was not very much space, and I literally would kick my long legs over her head:) We have been through so much together, the births of both of my girls, the birth of all 3 of her kids, change of jobs, change of homes, change of churches, my miscarriage, family aggravation, the ups and downs of motherhood, etc. For such a long time we would never get to see one another and would refer to each other as "phone friends." As we both lead busy lives, it is just so hard sometimes to get together.
Her sweet husband, Tim, even took a break from work today to come home and keep their kids just so she and I could have lunch. We had such a BLAST today! I've really missed our long talks! Lisa is such a great friend to me, and I am so blessed to have her in my life. She knows so much about me and still loves me anyway. Thanks for such a great day Lisa! You brightened up my day!
5 comments:
Sounds like a great time...the great thing about situations like this is that no matter how long it's been since you've actually seen one another..it's like you were never apart!! And that's what makes friendships so special!!
Good friends are such a blessing! I'm glad you have Lucy in your life.
And by the way, I *love* the name Lucy.
:)
El Charro! Yummy!
Glad you two were able to have some girl time!
It's funny you mention Tae-bo. I think I owned every single tape. I need to see if I still have those!
Love ya!
You crack me up.Do you take your camera everywhere????
Yes Melissa! That is the life of a faithful blogger!!!
Post a Comment