Sunday, November 2, 2008

Let the Big Dawgs Eat - Well. . . . They Really Got Eaten

When GA plays FL it should be marked as a holiday on our calender - one of the biggest days of the year for this Bulldog family! This year we decided to celebrate with our friends who love football, maybe not quite as much as us (I don't really love it like Jon does, but since we are one in the eyes of the Lord, I feel the need to say us), so we had a GA/FL football party.

The table. We had some great food, and I should have taken a picture of all the food, but I was too excited about digging into it!!!
A driveway full of cars - Thank you Lord for good friends!!!
Darrell, Candis, Greg - Darrell is a Bulldog. Candis and Greg are GA Tech fans and were pulling for FL because they just COULD NOT pull for GA.
Shannon, Lori, Ainsley - Shannon loves football and is a Bulldog. She, Darell, and Jon were all pretty nervous about the game. Lori is a FL fan and yelled hard for her Gators!
Granddaddy (Jon's Daddy), Tim - both are Bulldogs
The girls in black - Me, Stephanie, Tiffani, Julie and Avery
Justin and Lori are BIG TIME FL fans. I don't know what I am laughing at here, probably hoping FL would lose - wishful thinking for this game!
Stephanie and Barry
Julie and Tim

After the game we all were goofing around. Tiffani and her crew had already gone and so had Candis and Greg. Everyone stayed for a little while after the game. After everyone headed out Justin and Jon headed downstairs to play X-Box. Lori and I stayed upstairs and had some good "girl talk." The whole day was lots of fun other than GA losing! The kids mostly all played outside, so they got to enjoy their friends too.

Jon is a rather quiet person at church or in social settings. However, I knew since we would be at home and it would be GA football, his true self would come out. It really tickled me to think and wonder what our friends were thinking about who they perceive Jon to be and who he really is. He really is the "life of the party" kind-of guy. It just takes him awhile to warm up and he definitely needs to be in his comfort zone. He was hootin' and hollerin' about something during the game and Greg called over to him and said, "Jon, I want to see you doing that at church tomorrow." It was really a fun day even though the dawgs lost!

5 comments:

Tiffani said...

This was so fun!! Although, I really wish that there was a pic that said "Adam and Tiffani" :(

Thanks for being such a great hostess!!!!

Lori said...

Hey girl! We had such a great time!! Thanks for having us! Glad to have such amazing friends like you and Jon!! Oh and can't forget to say....GO GATORS!!! lol Love ya!

Frugal Finds said...

You have a great looking family! I love the family picture at the top of your blog!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That sounds like a fun football watching day! I love SEC football, but I really love SEC football fans! Glad you had a good time with good friends.

Heather said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time!