This weekend my mom had the kids. With Jon being self employed we spend lots of time together. However, it is totally different when we have one another to ourselves and no one else to care for or give our attention to. This weekend was great. I truly felt like a young couple falling in love with one another all over again rather than a couple who has been together for almost 13 years. Don't get me wrong we have a wonderful marriage and we are truly one another's best friends, but we do have our times when we get on one another's nerves and we get in the rut of going through the daily grind. This weekend was exactly what we needed. Friday night we just went to dinner then came home and watched a movie. Nothing big or exciting, just normal, but we had such a good time. Saturday morning we woke up and ran in a race together. The race was to support breast cancer research. Jon had a time of 21:57 and my time was 23:29. I almost came in as the 1st female. I was holding this position for about 2-3/4 miles of the race, but this girl passed me the last 1/4 mile and I couldn't catch back up to her. I won my age group though and Jon placed 2nd in his. I must say the best part of the whole race was hearing Jon cheering me on as I was pushing hard at the finish line. We hung out for awhile after the race and visited with other runners. We came home and Jon went to play flag football with some guys at the church and I went and got me a movie to watch. I actually feel asleep on the couch while watching the movie. I woke up and we went to dinner at "The Olive Garden." We had one of the best waiters we have EVER had. He was funny and personable. He got an extra good tip. We came home and watched the Olympic Marathon. When you are a runner this is really a lot of fun to watch. Sunday morning we got up and went to church, then came home and watched a movie. Jon picked up the children while I picked up the house. Again, our weekend was very uneventful, but the time we had together was wonderful - a young couple who knows the ins and outs of one another, the good, the bad, and the ugly, yet falling in love with one another again and again and again. How I pray the Lord will protect our marriage and give us eyes for Him and one another only.
3 comments:
So glad that you had a nice weekend!
And great time on the race... the foot must be feeling better!
Happy Friday!
So glad that you had a nice weekend!
And great time on the race... the foot must be feeling better!
Happy Friday!
First, I just want to congratulate you on your race time...that is AWESOME! I'm not a big runner anymore (my poor knees) but back in the day, I was more in the 9-10 minute mile range.
Secondly, your weekend sounds amazing. I think that my computer vacation made me realize how much John and I enjoy each other. Distractions creep in though and we don't make time together a priority. We both want to do better. This was such a sweet post, and I enjoyed it very much.
Hope your Disney trip is wonderful. You've been 8 times...we've been zero. Must remedy that!
Post a Comment