FOR TODAYOutside My Window... It is dreary outside. It is daylight but the street lights are still on. The ground is wet from all of the rain that we have had (praise the Lord).
I am thinking...that I hope I can get everything accomplished this week before we leave for vacation.
I am thankful for...the weekend I had with my husband and that my kiddos are home safely, and for my mom and stepdad who kept them all weekend (I know sometimes it can be tiring if you are not used to it, especially when you are bound inside because of the weather).
From the kitchen...I am thawing out chicken for dinner tonight. I think I may make some homemade wheat bread today.
I am wearing...my workout clothes because I am going to workout soon.
I am creating...well, I want to create about 3 dresses apiece this week for my girls, but we will see how productive I can be.
I am going...to be getting ready to leave for vacation this week. We are going to Disney World. I think this will be our 8th trip. I have started to lose count. Can you tell we love Disney? However, I think this will be our last year for awhile.
I am reading...Little Pilgrim's Progress (which I LOVE IT), The Tale of Despereaux, and Jesus Freaks to my children. My Bible, of course. Nothing really for me personally right now, but I think I may start the Mitford Series - any suggestions out there?
I am hoping...we will have a good week homeschooling, and I can get everything accomplished that needs to be done before we leave for vacation. Today is also my long run day, so I hope that the rain will hold out for a few hours late this afternoon so I can get 9 miles in.
I am hearing... quiet, as everyone is still snoozing.
Around the house...it is pretty straight, however, I definitely want to get some deep cleaning done before we leave. I love to have my house spotless before I leave for a trip - crazy isn't it? because it is very rarely spotless when we are here. But I love returning home to a clean house.
One of my favorite things...I think it would be appropriate on this post to say Disney World. Our whole family loves it, and we get very excited about going there even though we have been lots of times. I can't really pinpoint one specific reason why we love it so much - we just do. Jon and I both are really just kids in grownup bodies. Most people probably think we go there for our children, but we really love it as much as, if not more, than they do. I can't wait to go!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Goodness, where to I start? Homeschooling everyday- ballet today and run errands, tomorrow I have to go to out of town for real estate, soccer practice, and go to church to help decorate for Hot Crock Cafe (I'll explain about that later), Wed. church and hopefully get some sewing in, Thurs. soccer, Fri. finish packing, Sat - The start of college football (HUGE tradition here in our home - the next 3 months of our lives literally revolve around college football), Sun. morning leave for Disney - Whew! I am tired just after typing all of that.
Here is picture thought I am sharing... I share so many pictures on my blog I really do not have any to share right now.
3 comments:
oh my overambitious friend is at is AGAIN...if you even TOUCH the sewing machine this week, it'll be a miracle...don't over do it, sister! I'm just glad your suitcases are already out (hopefully, if not, GO GET THEM!) and you aren't packing Saturday at 8pm :) I need to do this post today...I always enjoy doing them and reading them...I love you! oh, and you added pics to your blog--cool! And you say you're not computer literate!
Love the new picture in your header! Such a beautiful family!
I am reading the Mitford series right now...so, so so good!
It has been rainy all day here as well, which I love!
I am excited for your family trip! We have never een to WDW but hope to go in the spring!
Hi Michelle, Like your blog. I noticed a post on Mer's blog re: Facebook. Tis easy to make it workable PLUS extend the readership of your blog.
Post a Comment