I am tired I must say. This week has been crazy trying to get ready for vacation, but it is always like that so I really know no other way. However, a few unexpected punches were thrown at us this week, and it is truly by God's grace that we are packed and ready to head out early in the morning. On Thursday my hubby went to have a root canal and passed out during the procedure and they had to call the EMTs - talk about FREAKING me out!!! I couldn't wait for him to get home so I could put my arms around him. The odd thing is is that the children and I prayed for him that morning. Honestly, I normally do not pray before a dentist or doctor's appointment, but I know now it was the Holy Spirit that prompted me to pray for him and I am so thankful that the situation did not turn out as badly as it could have. He did go to the doctor and they are going to have to have run some tests. This is not your normal passing out (although I really hope it turns out anxiety related), as he does have a low resting heart rate, so they will try and determine what needs to be done about it. Please pray for him. The doctor gave us the okay to go on vacation, although I really felt we needed to postpone it. Hubby has been fine though, so I am trusting the Lord to keep him protected and in His Hands. On top of that I have gotten some sort of crud that has put me in the bed for 2 days. It has not been fun. I spent most of the day in bed today, but I am starting to feel like myself again. I am really just praying that the children or Jon will not get what I have had. Please pray for them also. I was able to get all of my work finished and we had a good, thorough week of homeschooling. I also was able to make 3 outfits a piece for my girls to wear to Disney. Whew, I need a vacation after all of this. Please pray for traveling mercies for my family, as we will be on the road tomorrow. Also please pray for us to have good weather and for those in the path of Hurricane Gustav.
2 comments:
Wow...I need a vacation just from reading that!! I'm so glad that everyone is on the mend and you guys will definitely be in my prayers...I'm proud of all your accomplishments this week..even with getting the crud. The outfits are adorable!!! I'm still praying for my love of sewing to return! Have a wonderful week....
You're going to Disney??? Oh, fun. We went in February, and I'd still love to go back. The year before that we went in September, too - free food!
The clothes are so cute - the pics always come out better with cute disney outfits, don't they?
Boy, I hope you are 100% and the family stays well. Why is it always like that when you're planning a trip? I can't tell you how many times we have done the same thing, wondering if we'll make it. This last trip to Disney the kids were so sick right up to that point - Jack only got well within a day or so of leaving. Whew. February is not a good time to plan things when you have kids!!
Those stinkin' root canals. John had an AWFUL experience with one a few years back. Don't get me started. Of course, your husband's sounds quite different, but still, I feel your pain. I'm sure he's fine. Maybe vacation will take your minds off of everything!
I would say, "Go rest," but that will have to wait until you GET HOME! You will need a vacation from your vacation!! As a friend of mine said so well, "there is no exhaustion like Disneyworld exhaustion." Ha! But it's all good. :)
Have fun!
Post a Comment